Thread poster: Ashley Wans

Ashley Wans  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:42
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 17, 2011

Hi all,

So I sent an unclean .txml WF Pro file to a client, who then got a java run time error when she tried to open it. I am now trying to open it on m own computer, and I am getting a .txml format error and now I cannot open it on my computer, although I was just working with it a few minutes ago.

How can I solve this?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 21:42
English to Arabic
Corrupted? Apr 17, 2011

Ashley Wans wrote:

So I sent an unclean .txml WF Pro file to a client, who then got a java run time error when she tried to open it. I am now trying to open it on m own computer, and I am getting a .txml format error and now I cannot open it on my computer, although I was just working with it a few minutes ago.

Maybe the file was corrupted for some reason. What is your WF Pro version and for which operating system?

I can check the TXML file for you; please feel free to send it to me in private.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:42
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Zip the file Apr 17, 2011

Txml files get easily corrupted when sent over the internet (don't know why I just know it happens) so whenever you send a txml file you should send it in a zip file, this solves the problem (don't know why either, I guess zip files are less susceptible to corruption).

What I would suggest is to grab the original txml (I would imagine you kept a copy), zip it and send it to your client, see if that solves the problem.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

.txml format error

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search