Tab key's function changed in latest Wordfast Classic?
Thread poster: Mick De Meyer

Mick De Meyer  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 19:04
English to Dutch
+ ...
Apr 19, 2011

Hi WordFast Classic users,

Today I updated my WF Classic from build 5.61k to build 5.92m.

Neat: the toolbar now looks nicer and is nested in Word's blue title bar. Also neat: I used to have segmentation issues with curly brackets (see this topic), which are now magically solved.

But, not so neat: pressing the TAB key during translation no longer has the same effect.

Say I want to translate the following string of words:

Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessy Group

Then all I needed to do in build 5.61k was hit these keys:

Shift+L, tab, tab, tab, tab, tab.

First time pressing tab: L is completed to Louis. Second tab: WF grabs the next source word, Vuitton, and adds it as the next target word. Third tab: Moët is added. And so on.

However in build 5.92m, when I press that same sequence of keys now, I get

Louis Louis Louis Louis Louis.

Wordfast no longer grabs the next source word, but the very same one. Now, I can only copy the source string into the target text without using the mouse (which I try to avoid as much as possible) like this:

L+tab, V+tab, M+tab, C+tab, G+tab

which is a lot more typing work. Now I know I could select the string with the mouse and press ALT+F12, but I prefer using only the keyboard whenever possible, because it's so much faster.

Someone please tell me this can be fixed, because I LOVE that old tab feature...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tab key's function changed in latest Wordfast Classic?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search