Wordfast Classic : Data Editor : Tools scrambling my glossary file
Thread poster: shinmaikeru
Apr 19, 2011

I have been testing Wordfast Pro, the glossary of which is UTF-8, or at least that is what works. I wanted to use Wordfast Classic Tools to remove duplicate entries, merge glossaries, etc. I started simple, by converting the glossary to Shift-JIS with Windows line breaks. I then used "remove duplicates" "Special Filter" in Tools. However, after I remove the duplicates (Ctrl-X, Ctrl-Delete), the glossary is in shambles. Words are cut off and line breaks are gone. Everything looks fine until I actually delete the duplicates that have been selected. This is really making it hard to evaluate Wordfast. I have to have the translators happily using the software, but I haven't been able to get them started with it yet. Too many problems that stop me in my tracks.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Classic : Data Editor : Tools scrambling my glossary file

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search