I have been testing Wordfast Pro, the glossary of which is UTF-8, or at least that is what works. I wanted to use Wordfast Classic Tools to remove duplicate entries, merge glossaries, etc. I started simple, by converting the glossary to Shift-JIS with Windows line breaks. I then used "remove duplicates" "Special Filter" in Tools. However, after I remove the duplicates (Ctrl-X, Ctrl-Delete), the glossary is in shambles. Words are cut off and line breaks are gone. Everything looks fine until I actually delete the duplicates that have been selected. This is really making it hard to evaluate Wordfast. I have to have the translators happily using the software, but I haven't been able to get them started with it yet. Too many problems that stop me in my tracks.
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users!
Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.
With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.