Thread poster: B D Finch

B D Finch  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:01
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
Apr 20, 2011

I have just updated to Version 5.92m and now find that whenever I try to look at the new PB list of available commands, instead of retaining existing active commands (my own personalised ones that have always worked before), it erases them and when I right-click again they have still all disappeared!

This is extremely annoying and time-wasting! Has anybody found a way of keeping their PB commands in the same version of Wf Classic?

I am using Word 2007 in Windows XP.

Barbara

icon_eek.gif

Dragomir Kovacevic  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to Serbian
+ ...
a right click in WfC 5.92m Apr 21, 2011

I never used the said right click to hide/unhide commands, and tried it very now after reading your post. This command is not really necessary to be used for normal work and its usage and results are a bit awkward or unsteady. No need to use it, set it on unhidden.

It is better to see all the ones disabled with " _ " in between the strings, and all enabled ones, without the underscore.

If you take a good look into the readme file that now comes with WfC, you'll notice that for important modifications of setup, after its saving, an exit and re-enter into Word is indispensable. This applies for Word 2007 and further versions. So, please do not omit this operation. I do forget it as well, sometimes.

Do inform.

Dk

B D Finch wrote:

I have just updated to Version 5.92m and now find that whenever I try to look at the new PB list of available commands, instead of retaining existing active commands (my own personalised ones that have always worked before), it erases them and when I right-click again they have still all disappeared!

This is extremely annoying and time-wasting! Has anybody found a way of keeping their PB commands in the same version of Wf Classic?

I am using Word 2007 in Windows XP.

Barbara

icon_eek.gif

B D Finch  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dragomir Apr 21, 2011

Shutting Word immediately after resetting PB and reopening it has worked. I shall now avoid right-clicking and, as you suggest, leave all PB options visible.

Barbara

icon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with Pandora's Box in Wf Classic Version 5.92m

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search