Thread poster: TranslateWithMe

TranslateWithMe
Poland
Local time: 09:40
English to Polish
+ ...
May 14, 2011

Hi,

I don't have time to look for it in the manual.

I have a long text that is almost 100% match as a whole. All I need to do is check non-100% matches which is like 10% of the total text. Is there a short cut forcing Worfast to enter only non-100% segments?

There are no colours used to mark different segments, hence the problem.

Thanks in advance
Katarzyna

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
Outline View May 14, 2011

Dear Katarzyna,

In the Outline View (to the right), select "All Except 100%" from the drop-down menu. This will be reflected on the same Outline View; you will be able to move to those segments one by one.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

TranslateWithMe
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
what about Wordfast 5 May 15, 2011

Hi,

Thanks a lot. I forgot to mention that I have Wordfast 5. It seems that this command is available in WF Pro only?

Katarzyna

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Workaround May 15, 2011

Katarzyna Terelak wrote:
I forgot to mention that I have Wordfast 5. It seems that this command is available in WF Pro only?

A workaround that would require you to press Alt+End a lot of times, but it'll save you time anyway:

1. Mark all 100 matches so that you can easily see if you've accidentally entered one:

Find: } 1 0 0 {
Replace with: Highlight
(To get "Highlight", click More..., make sure your cursor is in the "Replace" field, then click Format > Highlight. The current highlight colour will be used.)
Replace all.

2. Use the "Find" box to find the next non-100% segment:

Find: \ } [ 0 - 9 ] [ 0 - 9 ] \ {
Wildcards: on
(To get to "Wildcards, click More...)

Use the Find dialog to jump to the next segment after you've closed the previous one. You can also record a macro, if you know how to do that. The above find operation won't find 0% matches, though.

Spaces added to fix ProZ.com bug.

TranslateWithMe
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many thnaks... May 15, 2011

I will try this...

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
PB Command May 15, 2011

Katarzyna Terelak wrote:
I have Wordfast 5.

Dear Katarzyna,

There is a Pandora's Box (PB) command for what you need. Go "Setup" > PB > click "Commands" and check the option "Enable PB". Then find the command "SkipSegment>99" and remove the underscore to activate it. Close and save the settings.

Now, Worfast will enter only non-100% segments and will skip other segments.

I hope this helps.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

TranslateWithMe
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks... May 15, 2011

...that's what I was looking for.

Cheers
Katarzyna

Martin Purdy
Local time: 19:40
Dutch to English
+ ...
PB setting not working Sep 17, 2011

I've tried this, as a client wants only non-100% matches translated. But the very first segment that opens when I start the job is a 100% match and the translated text has been inserted in the target field. Re-reading this thread it looks like the PB function works only when reviewing translated text; is there any way of skipping 100% matches when doing the original translation?

I'm using WF 5.52zx on a PC (Win XP, SP3) - and no, I refuse to update to the latest version of WF, as 5.52zx proved to be the latest *stable* version last time I tried a more recent one.

[Edited at 2011-09-17 00:37 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Entering only non-100% matches while proofreading

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search