Thread poster: Anna Haxen

Anna Haxen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 21:25
Member (2005)
English to Danish
+ ...
May 19, 2011

I just finished translating a PowerPoint presentation using WFP.

Now I get an error message when trying to open the saved translated file ('PowerPoint can't read the outline from ... No text converter is installed for this file type').

I have no problem opening the source PPT file.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this?

I have tried installing all possible updates and restarting. That didn't work.

Thanks for any help!

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
NeoOffice or Save as PPTX May 19, 2011

Dear Anna,

You did not mention your operating system, or more precisely the Office version that could not open the target PowerPoint file.

We have heard of this issue in MS PowerPoint for Mac. Actually, there is a known secret: if you installed NeoOffice, you will be able to open the target PPT without any problem.

Another solution is to save the *source* PPT as PPTX and pre-translate in Wordfast Pro using the toolbar button "Translate All". You will be a
... See more
Dear Anna,

You did not mention your operating system, or more precisely the Office version that could not open the target PowerPoint file.

We have heard of this issue in MS PowerPoint for Mac. Actually, there is a known secret: if you installed NeoOffice, you will be able to open the target PPT without any problem.

Another solution is to save the *source* PPT as PPTX and pre-translate in Wordfast Pro using the toolbar button "Translate All". You will be able to open the target PPTX in MS PowerPoint for Mac.

I hope this helps. Please let me know.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net
Collapse

Denmark
Member (2005)
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not Mac May 19, 2011

Windows XP, Microsoft Office 2007. I have translated several PPT documents using WF Pro and I have never had this problem before.

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
TransCheck or Files, plesae! May 19, 2011

Anna Haxen wrote:

Windows XP, Microsoft Office 2007. I have translated several PPT documents using WF Pro and I have never had this problem before.

Dear Anna,

Thanks for the clarification!

Please check the TXML file and see if there are any missing or mismatched placeables. You can run TransCheck on Placeables (Edit > Preferences > TransCheck > select Placeables (Apply)) and then use the toolbar button TransCheck; insert and correct the missing or the mismatched placeables. (This requires the latest version of Wordfast Pro.)

If there is a misplaced placeable that you need to remove first, place the cursor on it and press Ctrl+Alt+Up to remove it; then insert the correct one. After that review it using your eyes to double-check especially of ones not missing but mismatched or inserted in incorrect places.

If the problem persists, please open a fresh copy of the source file in Wordfast Pro latest version and pre-translate using the toolbar button Translate All. Please NEVER use Expand/Shrink Segment after pre-translating.

If the problem persists, could you please send me the files: the source PPT + the TXML file.

Please keep us informed.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

Denmark
Member (2005)
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Installing latest version helped May 19, 2011

Uninstalling WFP and installing the latest version fixed it.

All I had to do was open the txml I had already created and save the translated file again. No problem opening it now.

Thank you so much.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot open translated PPT

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search