HELP!!!! OPERATION ABORTED: a provisional segment was found in
Thread poster: Suzette Martin-Johnson

Suzette Martin-Johnson
Canada
French to English
+ ...
May 26, 2011

OPERATION ABORTED: a provisional segment was found in [filename]

Help...I have just completed a translation which is due in three hours and murphy's (sod's) law has struck. Was feeling smug and ready to clean up and e-mail then turn in for the "night" but there you go. I don't know if it's because I had ended and restarted by translation a couple of times b/c of there being a few English sections in there. Anyhoo, WF Classic is giving me the message above. I am using Word 2010 (alth
... See more
OPERATION ABORTED: a provisional segment was found in [filename]

Help...I have just completed a translation which is due in three hours and murphy's (sod's) law has struck. Was feeling smug and ready to clean up and e-mail then turn in for the "night" but there you go. I don't know if it's because I had ended and restarted by translation a couple of times b/c of there being a few English sections in there. Anyhoo, WF Classic is giving me the message above. I am using Word 2010 (although it's a doc file.)
The annoying thing is when I do my usual ctrl + , I see what the translation should look like and I just want to copy and paste but of course can't because you still get the bilingual file.

Any suggestions? Sorry in advance if this is garbled but it's 4am here. Getting desperate here....

Thanks in advance.
Collapse

Andrea Perret  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:18
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
Link to another ProZ.com discussion May 26, 2011

I just discovered that this matter was discussed earlier. See
http://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/70458-a_provisional_segment_bookmark_is_still_present.html

Some time ago, I faced the same problem. I took the source text and created a new target file with the help of the translation memory. After that, the cle
... See more
I just discovered that this matter was discussed earlier. See
http://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/70458-a_provisional_segment_bookmark_is_still_present.html

Some time ago, I faced the same problem. I took the source text and created a new target file with the help of the translation memory. After that, the cleaning up was no problem.

Success!
Collapse

Suzette Martin-Johnson
Canada
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! May 26, 2011

Thanks Andrea: I also found another way to cheat Wordfast. Someone suggested using find and replace to get rid of the markup and source text. It worked and I am doing a quick proofread to zap off now!

Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:18
English to French
+ ...
Provisional segment = F10 May 26, 2011

FWIW, this message appears when a clean-up is initiated with provisional segments remaining. A provisional segment (RTFM) is created by hitting F10 instead of Alt+Down.

With no segment open, hitting F10 will open the first such provisional segment, which can be validated using Alt+Down, and so on. Then only a clan-up can be performed.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

HELP!!!! OPERATION ABORTED: a provisional segment was found in

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search