Cannot import TM, because reorganization never ends..
Thread poster: Maaike van Vlijmen

Maaike van Vlijmen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 20:13
Member (2009)
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
Jun 15, 2011

Hi,

This is a recurring problem and I don't know how to solve it. My client sends me TMs in tmx and often I can import them without any problems. However, lately it happened a couple of times that I wasn't able to import them because the reorganization just never ends. I use Word 2004 for Mac with Wordfast 5.61k. I click on Select TM and start importing the TM. At the bottom it says "writing files" and then "reorganization in progress". And then it reorganizes for sooooo long (more
... See more
Hi,

This is a recurring problem and I don't know how to solve it. My client sends me TMs in tmx and often I can import them without any problems. However, lately it happened a couple of times that I wasn't able to import them because the reorganization just never ends. I use Word 2004 for Mac with Wordfast 5.61k. I click on Select TM and start importing the TM. At the bottom it says "writing files" and then "reorganization in progress". And then it reorganizes for sooooo long (more than half an hour) I lose my patience. I have to force quit Word because it isn't responding. My client already sent me the TM in different tmx versions, but nothing seems to do the trick.
Anyone knows the problem and more important: the solution?
Many thanks!!
Collapse

Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Member (2003)
German to Dutch
+ ...
One old trick Jun 15, 2011

Hallo Maaike,

If your TM has been created on a PC it sometimes helps to open it in an editor on the Mac first. Remove an e, save, reinsert the e, save.

Baat het niet, dan schaadt het niet.
Gerard

Netherlands
Member (2009)
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Didn't work Jun 15, 2011

Hoi Gerard,

Unfortunately, your trick didn't work
Thanks anyway!!

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:13
Finnish to French
Try 5.92m, or do the conversion in a virtual machine Jun 15, 2011

Maaike van Vlijmen wrote:
This is a recurring problem and I don't know how to solve it. My client sends me TMs in tmx and often I can import them without any problems. However, lately it happened a couple of times that I wasn't able to import them because the reorganization just never ends. I use Word 2004 for Mac with Wordfast 5.61k. I click on Select TM and start importing the TM. At the bottom it says "writing files" and then "reorganization in progress". And then it reorganizes for sooooo long (more than half an hour) I lose my patience. I have to force quit Word because it isn't responding. My client already sent me the TM in different tmx versions, but nothing seems to do the trick.
Anyone knows the problem and more important: the solution?

No guarantee it will solve your problem, but you may want to upgrade to 5.92m, as 5.61k is already a bit old.

Do you have a Windows virtual machine (Parallels, Fusion, VirtualBox) installed on your Mac? If so, you could use Olifant to convert the TMX to the Wf format in the virtual machine. Or do you have a colleague or friend who has a PC and could do it for you? Sometimes, it can be convenient to mix up with windoze users, you know

esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:13
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
Anaphraseus Jun 15, 2011

You can also try Anaprhaseus + OpenOffice.org (or is it NeoOffice for Mac?). Anaphraseus uses and, respectively, produces TMs in WF format.

Netherlands
Member (2009)
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
WF Anywhere Jun 17, 2011

Hi

Thanks for your replies. Upgrading didn't help and made things only worse (I remembered that was the reason I had an older version). I will look into Anaphraseus, thank you!
What I did in the meantime was upload the TM in WF Anywhere and then download it again, and then I got it in txt and could import it. I don't know if this is a good solution, but for now it seems to work. It's a pain though... I wish I knew what the problem was.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot import TM, because reorganization never ends..

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
BaccS – an SDL product
Modern translation business management for freelancers and agencies

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search