Cleaning files in WordFast Pro
Thread poster: Katrin Hiietam

Katrin Hiietam  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:00
English to Estonian
+ ...
Aug 8, 2011

I translated a document in WordFast Pro but later on discovered that I cannot clean it - there does not seem to be any functis available for it. I found a short key for quick clean but even that does not work in my coputer. Any comments? How does one normally clean document sin WordFast Pro?

Direct link Reply with quote

esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:00
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
No cleaning Aug 8, 2011

Wordfast Pro has no cleanup function because it handles files another way. Use File → Save Translated File menu after you’ve finished.

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:00
Finnish to French
There is a cleanup function in Pro Aug 9, 2011

esperantisto wrote:
Wordfast Pro has no cleanup function because it handles files another way.

In fact, there is a cleanup function in Pro, but it doesn't do exactly the same thing as in Classic: it's found in the PM perspective (third tab) and its purpose is to update TM's from translated TXML's. In Classic, the cleanup function can do two things at once: 1) produce the translated version from the bilingual ("uncleaned") DOC, 2) update the TM. In Pro, cleanup only does 2), and you have to use File > Save translated file for 1), as already mentioned.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cleaning files in WordFast Pro

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search