How to get the equivalent of Ctrl+Alt+m (WF Classic) in WF Pro?
Thread poster: SPI-Trad

SPI-Trad
Local time: 22:37
Czech to French
+ ...
Aug 9, 2011

In "text view", I would like to display the TM segments (fuzzy or 100%) above the TU I am just translating, like in WF Classic (in WF Classic the shortcut is Ctrl+Alt+m).
Is there a way to do that in WF Pro?
Thanks in advance!

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:37
Finnish to French
TM Lookup tab of lower pane Aug 9, 2011

JSpin wrote:
In "text view", I would like to display the TM segments (fuzzy or 100%) above the TU I am just translating, like in WF Classic (in WF Classic the shortcut is Ctrl+Alt+m).
Is there a way to do that in WF Pro?

You shouldn't have to do anything in Pro to have that information displayed: it's in the TM Lookup tab of the lower pane of the Window of the TXML editor perspective. It doesn't matter whether you are in text view or table view.

SPI-Trad
Local time: 22:37
Czech to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It doesn't show up Aug 9, 2011

Thank you Dominique, but nothing shows. How can I make it appear automatically (that is, without having to click each time on the TM Lookup icon?

I should have said that I'm doing a proofreading job - the target segments are already filled, I need to compare them with my TM (from a previous proofreading job) for consistency.

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:37
Finnish to French
You are correct Aug 9, 2011

JSpin wrote:
I should have said that I'm doing a proofreading job - the target segments are already filled, I need to compare them with my TM (from a previous proofreading job) for consistency.

You are correct (I was thinking of a translation scenario, not a proofreading one). I can't think of a solution in Pro that would be the equivalent of the red frame around the target segment in Classic (which indicates the segment being opened has the same source as the one in the TM, but a different target) + the Display TM function (Ctrl+Alt+M) that shows the differences in target. Either there's none, or we'll have to wait for Yasmin to kick in!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to get the equivalent of Ctrl+Alt+m (WF Classic) in WF Pro?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search