Wordfast Pro for Mac 2.4.3 - not opening HTML files correctly
Thread poster: Tara Orzolek

Tara Orzolek  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:00
Spanish to English
+ ...
Aug 13, 2011

I have been trying to open an HTML file in Wordfast Pro for Mac 2.4.3 and much of the text is cut off or missing. I have seen this exact problem referenced in the forums before:

http://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/201262-htm_files_suddenly_not_being_loaded_into_wf_pro_properly.html

But there did not seem to be any viable solution offered.

Is this a bug in the WF software? And, if so, should I just abandon WF altogether for this project?

Direct link Reply with quote

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 10:00
English to Arabic
Solution Aug 13, 2011

Dear Tara,

Actually, the solution is offered in detail in the mentioned thread.

This was an issue in an older version, but installing without removing the configuration files sometimes keeps the issue. So, you have to completely un-install first.

Step 1: Showing hidden files:

1- Open a Terminal (you can search it in Finder)

2- Type:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE

3- Press Enter

4- Type:

killall Finder

The first line changes the setting in Finder. The second line closes all open Finder windows, so that Finder will restart with the new configuration the next time you open a new window.

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=415

Step 2: Trashing .wf_workspace and re-installing:

1- You can find the .wf_workspace folder under the following path:

Users/(whatever is your user name)/

2- Trash .wf_workspace.

3- Find any Wordfast instances or files and trash them also.

4- Re-install the latest version Wordfast Pro.

Note: As far as I can see, they removed 2.3.4 for some reason - so by "the latest version" here, I mean 2.3.2.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

Tara Orzolek  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:00
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Aug 13, 2011

OK, I've followed all of the steps, and it seems to have solved the problem - WF has opened the file correctly (and so far can't detect any missing text).

Note: There were a succession of dialog boxes that opened and closed quickly when I opened the .html file, and I think one was an "error" box, but since they all closed by themselves and the file opened correctly I am not going to worry about it.

Many thanks again!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro for Mac 2.4.3 - not opening HTML files correctly

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search