Alex Lago
Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:24
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 22, 2011

Hi

I'm trying to copy my wordfast workspace (literally the .wf_workspace directory) to a new PC but I'm having problems.

The problem seems to be that the previous PC and this one do not share the same file structure, so the location of files has changed and I think my "project" (xml) files are creating the problem as they point to different file locations.

Has anyone else had experience with this? Do I need to change the paths in each xml file? Are there ot
... See more
Hi

I'm trying to copy my wordfast workspace (literally the .wf_workspace directory) to a new PC but I'm having problems.

The problem seems to be that the previous PC and this one do not share the same file structure, so the location of files has changed and I think my "project" (xml) files are creating the problem as they point to different file locations.

Has anyone else had experience with this? Do I need to change the paths in each xml file? Are there other files I need to look at?
Collapse

Dragomir Kovacevic
Dragomir Kovacevic  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to Serbian
+ ...
"trying to copy my wordfast workspace" Aug 22, 2011

Alex, in your old .wf_workspace directory, there is a file ".properties", and then, there are single project.xml files.

Did you try changing the previous paths in them, so that they point to new structure? Notepad can be used for opening of these files; you open them and use the "substitute" command.

Dk

Alex Lago wrote:

Hi

Has anyone else had experience with this? Do I need to change the paths in each xml file? Are there other files I need to look at?

[Edited at 2011-08-22 15:55 GMT]

Alex Lago
Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
What files needed Aug 22, 2011

Hi Dragomir

Thanks for trying to help, yes I realize I have to change the paths of the project files, but I was wondering if there were other files I needed to change (like you mention the .properties one)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Copying to a new PC

Translation news related to Wordfast

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »