How to tag images with Wordfast
Thread poster: Evgenia M Attebery

Evgenia M Attebery  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:46
English to Russian
Aug 26, 2011

Hi everyone! My name is Evgenia and I'm new here. I just downloaded the free version of Wordfast
and trying to figure out how it works. I found some info that it's supposed to tag all the picture and images
from the source text to the target text, but I can;t find any info about it in the instructions. Also, can anyone please tell me how I can print out my complete translation without symbols like the t score, etc.?
I will appreciate any response.

Thanks, Evgenia

[Edited at 2011-08-26 20:32 GMT]

[Edited at 2011-08-26 20:33 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

steph_cuevas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:46
English to Tagalog
+ ...
Tags Aug 26, 2011

Hi Ms. Evgenia,

I am not sure whether you are referring to the tag symbols that you see whenever you start on a translation project using Wordfast. But if this is what you are referring to, you can save your work, go to File menu and from the drop-down menus click on the "Save Translated file" if you are using WordfastPro. This will automatically create a MS Word file with your translations without tag symbols.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Stephanie

[Edited at 2011-08-26 20:56 GMT]

[Edited at 2011-08-26 20:59 GMT]

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:46
Finnish to French
Which version of Wordfast? What document format? Aug 27, 2011

Evgenia Attebery wrote:
I just downloaded the free version of Wordfast and trying to figure out how it works. I found some info that it's supposed to tag all the picture and images from the source text to the target text, but I can;t find any info about it in the instructions. Also, can anyone please tell me how I can print out my complete translation without symbols like the t score, etc.?

Start telling us which version of Wordfast you are using. There are three: Classic, Pro, Anywhere. Only one of them is free (Anywhere), but the other two can be used in demo mode for free. Also tell us what kind of file format you are dealing with: is it a Word document containing images? If so, there should be no deal for you to be involved with images (regardless of the Wordfast version being used). What is the "t score symbol"?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to tag images with Wordfast

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search