Show source context with PowerPoint (.ppt) files with WFP
Thread poster: Bree Salmon

Bree Salmon  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 21:57
Japanese to English
Sep 4, 2011

I'm using Wordfast Pro 2.4.01, and I'm wondering if there is any way to check the context of how a source segment is used in a PPT file as I translate it in Wordfast Pro.

Since when translating a .ppt file in Wordfast Pro messes up the order of the slides, it seems very important to me to be able to find where a source segment appears in the original .ppt file. Does anyone know how to do this?

Also, I think I have read somewhere that there is a way to get Wordfast Pro to present the source segments in the same (or very similar) order that they appear in the original .ppt. Would love to know if this is possible too.

Direct link Reply with quote

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 14:57
English to Arabic
Upgrade Sep 4, 2011

Dear Bree,

Please download and install the latest version of Wordfast Professional available at:
http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html

... and see if this will solve the order issue.

As for the preview, there is no real-time preview for PowerPoint files, but you can use File menu > Save Translated File once in a while to have the target file.

HTH,
Yasmin

Bree Salmon  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 21:57
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
I will try that Sep 7, 2011

Thank you for the reply, Yasmin. I always appreciate your quick responses

I am not sure if updating the software changed anything because I saved the file with the old version, but I will check with the next project I do. Thanks for the information.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Show source context with PowerPoint (.ppt) files with WFP

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search