With multiple glossaries, how do I know if a term belongs to one or another glossary?
Thread poster: sardiniangir (X)

sardiniangir (X)
Italy
Local time: 22:09
English to Italian
+ ...
Sep 8, 2011

Hi,

Wordfast 2.4.2
Macintosh OS X version 10.6.8

I use multiple TMs and multiple glossaries. While the TM shows the TM name for multiple matches, I haven't figured out yet how to know if a term comes from one or another glossary.

I use my personal glossary and glossaries sent by the clients. When I have multiple matches, the table that appears shows all the target terms and the description only. It would be very helpful to know what term comes from where.
Is there a way?
Cheers

Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:09
French to English
+ ...
Different colours Sep 8, 2011

The different glossaries should come up in different colours, which you can change if the default colours don't suit. As I remember, when you set up the TM/glossaries at the start, it shhows you what colour each glossary appears in on the set-up screen. I think you can change them in Pandora's Box. This applies to Classic of course - I assume that's what you're using?

Hope this helps,

Claire

Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:09
English to French
+ ...
Wf 2.4.2 is NOT WfC Sep 8, 2011

There indeed does not seem to be any color setting for glossaries in WfPro.

sardiniangir (X)
Italy
Local time: 22:09
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
still lost among glossaries Oct 28, 2011

I urge the WFpro team to lend me a hand here. I have my large glossary and the client's, which is typically very poor. Having to open the txt files to check which is which it really defeats the purpose of having a translation tool. It would save me an enormous amount of time ...
Cheers

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

With multiple glossaries, how do I know if a term belongs to one or another glossary?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search