International Translation Day 2017

Join ProZ.com/TV for a FREE event on September 26-27th celebrating International Translation Day! 50+ hours of content, Chat, Live Q&A & more. Join 1,000's of linguists from around the globe as ProZ.com/TV celebrates International Translation Day.

Click for Full Participation

WordfastPro simply stopped working
Thread poster: Uli Eberhardt

Uli Eberhardt  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:44
Member (2010)
English to German
+ ...
Sep 8, 2011

Hi,

I would really appreciate some advice.

I work with the free version of WordfastPro; I have been using it for many projects since several months now. Today it just stopped working. It is very annoying because I had to cancel two current projects already.

When I try to open a TXML file, or just open the program before even opening a particular file, the introduction window shows for a few seconds, then goes away, that's it.

The one thing that had happened before was that I accidentally tried to open a TXML while another one was already open. I think the troubles started after that. But that is a very strange reason, and I think it has happened before without any big complications.

Of course I have already re-installed the program three times, including deleting of all old glossaries etc.

Best regards & thanks for your help.

Uli Eberhardt

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Sorry, but... Sep 8, 2011

Uli Eberhardt wrote:
I work with the free version of WordfastPro

... there is no free version of WordFast Pro.

?

Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:44
More details... Sep 8, 2011

Natalie wrote:

... there is no free version of WordFast Pro.

?

Actually I believe Uli is referring to the demo mode of Wordfast Pro which runs without a paid license for TMs of up to 500 TUs .

Uli, can you let me know the version number? Also, what is your Operating System? Are you trying to just double click the TXML to open it using Wordfast Pro? Have you tried opening Wordfast itself first before opening the TXML file?

Sincerely,

Kristyna

Uli Eberhardt  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2010)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Wordfast 2.4.1, Windows XP Sep 9, 2011

Hi Kristyna & Natalie,

Thanks for your replies. To answer the questions, I'm using Windows XP & Wordfast 2.4.1. & yes, I have tried clicking on the file as well as opening the program first. Same result.

One of the PM at my agency is now havoing the same problem after I sent a txml file. Their technical staff are looking into it. Let's see.

(I also performed various computer cleaning operations & a virus check & am now thinking of reformatting, since I also have a lot of problems with my internet connection...)

Best,
Uli

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
File please! Sep 9, 2011

Dear Uli,

Could you please send me that [magic] TXML to check and advise you.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WordfastPro simply stopped working

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search