Thread poster: boostrer

boostrer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:53
Member (2007)
English to Russian
+ ...
Sep 10, 2011

I am using WF only occasionally, so my question may result from my WF illiteracy.

I have received TXML file and the source DOC file. If I press "Word" button, WF creates a doc table (two columns: ID, Target ()). When I am trying to use menu (File>Save translated file), WF responds: "Original file could not be found".

Win XP, WF Version: 2.1.8

How can I create the target DOC file?

Thank you in advance.

[Edited at 2011-09-10 20:08 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 16:53
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Browse for the original doc file Sep 10, 2011

After the response ""Original file could not be found", WF asks you if you want to browse yourself for the origrinal file. Simply answer Yes and browse the file to its location. Acept and, thats all.

Regards

Clarisa

boostrer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:53
Member (2007)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
2 Clarisa Sep 10, 2011

Clarisa Moraña wrote:

After the response ""Original file could not be found", WF asks you if you want to browse yourself for the origrinal file. Simply answer Yes and browse the file to its location. Acept and, thats all.

Regards

Clarisa

Thank you, but it doesn't work.
WF just informs me. The dialog box has only one button, "OK"

Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:53
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Update Sep 10, 2011

I don't know if this will solve your problem but the first thing I would try is to update to the latest version, you mentioned you use 2.1.8, the latest version is 2.4.2

Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 16:53
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Use the original doc file to create a new tmxl file Sep 11, 2011

You can use the original file to create the new tmxl file. To do so, I would first recommend to change the file name (in order not to confuse it with the original tmxl file sent by your client). Open the doc file with WF, a new tmxl file will be created, and apply the translation memory. When you are done, save translated file as... that's all.

Regards

Clarisa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to save translated file?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search