Thread poster: Tommaso Benzi

Tommaso Benzi  Identity Verified
Dominican Republic
Local time: 21:03
English to Italian
+ ...
Sep 26, 2011

Hi all,
I've recently downloaded the latest Wf Pro release in Ubuntu and it has worked perfectly until this morning. Now I click on the Wordfast icon, the splash screen is displayed (Wf Pro Copyright 2007-2011 etc.) but then the software fails to load. I tried to re-download the Wf package but that didn't solve the problem. Ubuntu version is 11.04 with the latest updates.
Many thanks for any suggestions.

Tommaso

Direct link Reply with quote

Ruslan Samoylyuk  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 04:03
Member (2010)
English to Russian
+ ...
Same problem Sep 26, 2011

Tommaso Benzi wrote:

Hi all,
I've recently downloaded the latest Wf Pro release in Ubuntu and it has worked perfectly until this morning. Now I click on the Wordfast icon, the splash screen is displayed (Wf Pro Copyright 2007-2011 etc.) but then the software fails to load. I tried to re-download the Wf package but that didn't solve the problem. Ubuntu version is 11.04 with the latest updates.
Many thanks for any suggestions.

Tommaso

+1
I had the same problem recently. I emailed Wordfast support on this issue. They advised me to "ask the question in the yahoo community". Needless to say that I just switched to another CAT tool.

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 03:03
English to Arabic
wf_workspace Sep 26, 2011

Tommaso Benzi wrote:

Dear Tommaso,

You say that WFP used to work for you perfectly on your Linux so far. That is why I wonder if the new installation was corrupted.

In your Home Folder, please go to "View" menu and check "Show Hidden Files" to be able to see .wf_workplace. Change the name of the folder (you can later delete it) and then try to install the latest version again.

I hope this helps. Please let me know.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

Tommaso Benzi  Identity Verified
Dominican Republic
Local time: 21:03
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
problem solved Sep 26, 2011

Hi Yasmin,
I tried your solution and it seems to be working, thanks a lot!

Tommaso

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wf Pro 2.4.3.1 fails to load in Linux Ubuntu

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search