https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/209096-wordfast_pro_242_does_not_quit_demo_mode_after_licensing.html

Wordfast Pro 2.4.2 Does Not Quit Demo Mode after Licensing
Thread poster: L. Petriconi

L. Petriconi
Germany
Local time: 17:16
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Oct 4, 2011

Hi,

am using Windows XP and Wordfast Pro 2.4.2 and Classic 6.01g.

Licensed Wordfast in July, a few days after I received the license file.
Classic works fine within MS Word 2003.
Wordfast Pro will not quit Demo Mode.
Under Help > License Management > Verify the current License certificate it shows the valid license until 2014, but Demo Mode is still there, even after restart of Wordfast and reboot of PC.
When I (re)-install the license, it says
... See more
Hi,

am using Windows XP and Wordfast Pro 2.4.2 and Classic 6.01g.

Licensed Wordfast in July, a few days after I received the license file.
Classic works fine within MS Word 2003.
Wordfast Pro will not quit Demo Mode.
Under Help > License Management > Verify the current License certificate it shows the valid license until 2014, but Demo Mode is still there, even after restart of Wordfast and reboot of PC.
When I (re)-install the license, it says License sucessfully installed, but Demo Mode is still there.
When I click Help > Wordfast Updates > it says "Update Site is not available in Demo Mode".

Any idea, what I can do?

Many thanks

Lolita
Collapse

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
Install No Oct 5, 2011

Dear Lolita,

Apparently, your .lic file is not properly installed. Please go to "Help" menu > "Licence Management" and see your Install No. Is it the same as your .lic file name? If not, so you need to re-license by entering your shown Install No. into Wordfast online licensing system. Moreover, could you please double-check that the "date" of your machine is correct.

You can watch this small video, describing Wordfast Pro licensing steps:
... See more
Dear Lolita,

Apparently, your .lic file is not properly installed. Please go to "Help" menu > "Licence Management" and see your Install No. Is it the same as your .lic file name? If not, so you need to re-license by entering your shown Install No. into Wordfast online licensing system. Moreover, could you please double-check that the "date" of your machine is correct.

You can watch this small video, describing Wordfast Pro licensing steps:
http://www.wordfast.com/wf_pro_license.htm

I hope this helps. Please let me know.

Yasmin
Collapse

L. Petriconi
Germany
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re-Licensed Wf Pro Oct 7, 2011

Dear Yasmin,

great, thanks. The .lic-file I received in July had, for whatever reason, different numbers than my install number for WF Pro. So I relicensed Wf Pro, installed the number and yes it worked.

Many thanks

Lolita

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro 2.4.2 Does Not Quit Demo Mode after Licensing

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »