Wordfast classic troubles
Thread poster: Ioana Bostan

Ioana Bostan  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:07
English to Romanian
+ ...
Oct 11, 2011

I have recently renewed my Wordfast licence, using both Classic and Pro. My last Classic version was 5.6 and now I upgraded to 5.9. In the beginning it seemed to work for Word files, but I soon realized it was almost blocked in many actions: the cursos cannot move on any word, segment, I could only move up and down in my text with up/down arrows, I could not select a word to search it in my memory with concordance function, the placeables do not work.

Yesterday I thought I solved my problem going back to my previous 5.6 version, but now here it goes again, exactly the same problem. I can just use my segment on my TM and search for a term using arrows and shift to select it, so no other help from my "old pal" Wf Classic.

Did anyone confrunt with this problem? Do you think it's Word to blame? I mention that I also reinstalled my computer recently.

Thank you all for any help or ideas and good luck with work!

Ioana

Direct link Reply with quote

David Daduč
Czech Republic
Local time: 04:07
English to Czech
Try lowering delimiter protection level Oct 11, 2011

The default segment protection level in recent Wordfast Classic versions is the strongest one (in order to help new users avoid breaking segment delimiters, the purple marks). With the highest level, the Up and Down arrows on your keyboard won't let you leave the target field. If I understand correctly, this is the issue you are facing.

Since you are an experienced user, I'd recommend lowering your segment protection level. To do this, go to Setup | General in Wordfast and set Protect delimiters to 2, rather than 3. I hope this will help you.

[Edited at 2011-10-11 07:13 GMT]

Ioana Bostan  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:07
English to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Actually... Oct 11, 2011

I cannot do much with it, meaning that I can't even place the cursor in my segment where I need/want, I have to do that by moving up and down only with arrows, I must select a term nor with the mouse but with the arrows and shift, and so on, so I can't do most of the functions I needed and used to do with Classic before. It's like frozen, it just goes down segment by segment, I translated, save and that's all, can't copy a placeable, can't search a term with concordance search function as it does not allow me to.

I don't know if it's too clear Thank you David!

David Daduč
Czech Republic
Local time: 04:07
English to Czech
Mouse paralysis problem Oct 11, 2011

Do you have any other add-in installed into MS Word, especially for an ABBYY tool? These cause the infamous mouse paralysis problem. For advise on what to do, see the following article:
http://www.wordfast.net/?kb=158-21

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast classic troubles

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search