WFP with Mac OSX Lion?
Thread poster: Joy Gehner

Joy Gehner
United States
Local time: 14:18
French to English
+ ...
Oct 12, 2011

Hi - Can I hear from anyone about WFP compatibility if I upgrade to the Lion operating system (with Office 2008).

Thanks!

Joy

Petr Zubkov (X)
Russian Federation
Local time: 00:18
English to Russian
+ ...
It is compatible Oct 22, 2011

Hi Joy,

WFP does work with Lion.

WFP is Java-based, so when you launch it for the first time Lion gets a Java update from Apple servers (unless another app has already downloaded it) and you can use it.

WFP has incompatibilities with OS X in general. So if you encountered them under your current OS, you should expect same problems under Lion.

Regards,
Petr

IWagner  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:18
English to French
WFP on Lion Nov 24, 2011

I have used it for several weeks. I agree with the previous post - I have encountered some problems, but no more than with the previous OS.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WFP with Mac OSX Lion?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2021 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2021 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2021 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search