Converting from WF to ttx files
Thread poster: Chris S

Chris S  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Swedish to English
+ ...
Oct 14, 2011

I have a customer demanding that we use TagEditor and send them ttx files. I prefer to work in a Word environment and have been trialling Wordfast Classic, which is almost as good as "old" Trados (if only it would show the differences in fuzzy matches!).

Is there a fairly straightforward and reliable way of generating ttx files for this awkward (but important) customer from my WF output?

Direct link Reply with quote

Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:23
French to English
+ ...
Fuzzy matches Oct 14, 2011

Can't help with the fuzzy matches, I'm afraid, although some of my Trados clients are happy to accept my unclean Word files from Wordfast classic. Or I export the Wordfast TM as tmx so they can use that.

As for displaying the fuzzy matches in Wordfast, though, if you display the translation companions (Ctrl+Alt+M twice in fast succession should bring up a little screen with the TM, and Crtil+ Alt+G twice should do the same for the glossaries), you can see the TM offerings as you work with any changes highlighted.

Claire

Chris S  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Claire Oct 15, 2011

Thanks, I just tried your Ctrl+M tip and it seems to be exactly what I was missing, you're a star!

(I gave up on the manual about halfway through and now it shows...)

As for the ttx files, this customer says they *can't* put unclean files or tmx memories into their system.
Can't be bothered, more like. But they're bigger than me so I need a solution

Of course I could use TagEditor, but apart from it being crap there's two of us here and you can't use two Tradoses on a network without paying silly money for a Lionbridge-sized version. It's driving me crazy!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Converting from WF to ttx files

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search