Thread poster: Asja & Asia

Asja & Asia  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 08:47
Chinese to Italian
+ ...
Oct 15, 2011

Dear colleagues,
this morning, I have encountered a trouble while translating with WF Pro.
I rarely use this CAT.
After I made a change in the TM settings, it asked me to restart the program.
After this, I wasn't able to restart it and the hereinafter message appears.
JVM terminated. Exit code=1
C:\Programmi\Wordfast\jre\bin\javaw.exe
-Xms64m
-Xmx1470m
-Declipse.log.size.max=400
-Dupdatesite.homebase=http://www.wordfast.com/wfupdate
-Dlicense.how_to=false
-Dterminal.server=false
-Djava.ext.dirs=C:\Programmi\Wordfast\jre\lib\ext;C:\Programmi\Wordfast\extensions
-Dbuild.timestamp=20110906-1348
-jar C:\Programmi\Wordfast\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.1.R33x_v20070828.jar
-os win32
-ws win32
-arch x86
-showsplash
-launcher C:\Programmi\Wordfast\Wordfast.exe
-name Wordfast
--launcher.library C:\Programmi\Wordfast\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.0.1.R33x_v20070828\eclipse_1020.dll
-startup C:\Programmi\Wordfast\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.1.R33x_v20070828.jar
-exitdata 1170_108
-data @user.home\.wf_workspace
-vm C:\Programmi\Wordfast\jre\bin\javaw.exe
-vmargs
-Xms64m
-Xmx1470m
-Declipse.log.size.max=400
-Dupdatesite.homebase=http://www.wordfast.com/wfupdate
-Dlicense.how_to=false
-Dterminal.server=false
-Djava.ext.dirs=C:\Programmi\Wordfast\jre\lib\ext;C:\Programmi\Wordfast\extensions
-Dbuild.timestamp=20110906-1348
-jar C:\Programmi\Wordfast\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.1.R33x_v20070828.jar
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

What could I do?
Thanks for any suggestion.
Amelia

Direct link Reply with quote

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 09:47
English to Arabic
Reinstall Oct 15, 2011

Dear Amelia,

If you still have problems, you can completely uninstall Wordfast Pro. When you are asked to keep configuration files, answer with "NO".

Make sure you first back up your glossaries, if any. (Copy them from .wf_workspace found in the main user folder)

Then, try re-installing the latest version of Wordfast Pro; hopefully, it could resolve that.

I hope this helps. Please let me know.

Yasmin

Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
What changes exactly did you make? Oct 16, 2011

As you say you made changes they are obviously to blame, what exactly did you change?

Asja & Asia  Identity Verified
Italy
Chinese to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Troubles solved Oct 16, 2011

To Yasmin:
Thanks for your suggestion Yasmin. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to retrieve the instal number, since the program didn't open.
But, thanks to your suggestion, from now on I will save all my CAT's install numbers in a file, just in case ...

To Paul:
I don't really manage this CAT, since I rarely use it (it's the second time).
At a first time, it seemed the TM was not connected. I am sorry, but I don't remember what precisely I have done, but after I clicked on the OK button, the program closed and the above indicated error message appeared.
Any attempt to re-open the program has failed.

Since I was in a hurry, I have run the System Restore utility and it has worked. I have been able to restart the program and translate with no problems.

Thanks a lot for support

Amelia

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 09:47
English to Arabic
Install No Oct 16, 2011

Asja & Asia wrote:

To Yasmin:
Thanks for your suggestion Yasmin. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to retrieve the instal number, since the program didn't open.
But, thanks to your suggestion, from now on I will save all my CAT's install numbers in a file, just in case ...

Dear Amelia,

I did not mention anything about Install numbers. If you had re-installed, you would have been able to get another license or use the same license. There is no problem.

Anyhow, I am happy that you managed to solve the problem.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro troubles

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search