Thread poster: marek tesina

marek tesina  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 16:40
English to Czech
+ ...
Oct 28, 2011

Hi all,
I have a question regarding spellcheck in WordFast Pro. Simply, it is taking too long. Waaaay too long. A file that Trados would check in 3 minutes is taking some 30 minutes in WF – and even longer. And what is even worse, sometimes it crashes, and of course it always happens just before it is supposed to finish. So I wonder – is it normal or do I have to set someting in the settings to have it work the way that I would like to? Thanks for any answer and advice. Marek

Jacek Sierakowski
Belgium
English to French
+ ...
WF Oct 29, 2011

Normal, no, but why? You should ask help to their technical service, on their website, very helpful. Running the garbage bin (on the toolbar below, right side) can't hurt.
Good luck. Jacek

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
F7 Nov 1, 2011

Dear Marek,

Try to switch to the "Text View". If this does not help much, especially for very large documents, I recommend using F7 instead.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

marek tesina  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Nov 1, 2011

Dear Jacek and Yasmin, thank you for your inputs. Yasmin, I actually think that in table mode it is faster, but it is maybe just my wishful thinkng. And I do use F7. What I did not do was to allocate more memory for the aplication. I was using default setting of 256 MB. Now I have changed it to 1470 MB and I think that it might solve my problem. If not I will contact technical service as Jacek suggested. I will keep you informed on the results. Once again, thank you very much for taking an interest. Best regards Mark

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast – Spellcheck too slow

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search