WF-Anywhere Problems uploading and deleting TMs
Thread poster: NR_Stedman
NR_Stedman  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:44
French to English
Oct 28, 2011

Hi - I started working with WF-Anywhere this week and all went well for the first 3 days. I successfully worked with and uploaded about 3 translation memories.
Now however the system seems to have stuck. I can't delete any of the TMs that I have uploaded (It just goes to "background" with 1 % progress after about 1 hour). Also I can no longer upload any new TMs. Is there a volume limit above which everything blocks? -but if so why can't I delete any TMs.

Thanks for any assistance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:44
Finnish to French
Ask your WFA questions on the WFA list Oct 28, 2011

NR_Stedman wrote:
Hi - I started working with WF-Anywhere this week and all went well for the first 3 days. I successfully worked with and uploaded about 3 translation memories.
Now however the system seems to have stuck. I can't delete any of the TMs that I have uploaded (It just goes to "background" with 1 % progress after about 1 hour). Also I can no longer upload any new TMs. Is there a volume limit above which everything blocks? -but if so why can't I delete any TMs.

This may depend on a number of factors. See the following video:

http://youtu.be/NQKcPugieIA

Also see the following technical explanation by Yves (about what is going on "under the hood"):

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Wordfast_Anywhere/message/762

Generally speaking, you should ask all WFA-related questions on the dedicated list, as this is where the people who really know about it hang out.

NR_Stedman  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:44
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
OK 24 hours to load a TM Oct 28, 2011

Thanks Dominique - once again your videos were invaluable. I don't think it says in the WF-A manual that it takes 24 hours to upload a memory!I must just be less impatient.

PS Do you have to leave your computer on for the whole of that time?

[Edited at 2011-10-28 16:27 GMT]

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:44
Finnish to French
The long time may have been untypical Oct 29, 2011

NR_Stedman wrote:
Thanks Dominique - once again your videos were invaluable. I don't think it says in the WF-A manual that it takes 24 hours to upload a memory!I must just be less impatient.

Actually, I've been told 24 hours is unusually long. It may in fact have been self-induced, as I uploaded, deleted and re-uploaded my big TM several times for the purpose of recording the video. When I did it for the first time (with no recording), the entire process (uploading + importing) took only took about 10 minutes.

NR_Stedman wrote:
PS Do you have to leave your computer on for the whole of that time?

No, not at all. I only left mine on for the purpose of recording the video, since I had a timer running. The processing is done by the server, so once you've uploaded your TM, you can shut down your own computer if you want. You can also do something else in WFA, like translating a document (obviously, not with the TM being processed by the server, or at least not all of it).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF-Anywhere Problems uploading and deleting TMs

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search