Thread poster: Claire Cox

Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:56
French to English
+ ...
Oct 28, 2011

Hello,

Having switched to Word 2007 in the summer and upgraded to Wordfast 6, everything has been working fine until today when suddenly I can't get the Plus Tools toolbar to display. It worked yesterday as usual; I just had to go to the big Word button in the top left-hand corner, click Word Options, then Add-ins and then select Plus Tools. Until today, it was then possible to see the Plus Tools toolbar when I clicked the Add-in tab at the top of Word, Today - nothing! Other Add-ins work fine, but I've no idea what has happened to the Plus Tools toolbar. I've tried downloading the latest version, but to no avail - still nothing. Does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks

Claire

Direct link Reply with quote

Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 07:56
French to English
that toolbar is tricky in 2007 Oct 28, 2011

try ALT + F2, that should open it, even if it still doesn't appear in the add-ins tab

Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:56
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Brilliant! Oct 28, 2011

Thank you so much Lori - you're a star! Alt F2 did the trick and brought the toolbar back to the add-ins, where it seems to stay. I'm very impressed.

My only slight problem then was that the newer Plus Tools didn't display the same options as the older version and I'd overwritten the old one, so I had to reimport it back from my laptop, but it now works perfectly again. In the old version, when you open the Align tab, as well as the option to align two documents there is also a button for "Create TM". As my document is already a two-column file, I just need to press Create TM to easily create the TM - perfect! Not sure why that isn't available on the newer version...

I'm very grateful - I was thinking I'd have to use my laptop (which has XP and Word 2003) to create the TM and then reimport to the newer desktop, which would be rather a palaver. I still wonder why it disappeared in the first place? Very odd!

All the best,

Claire

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Plus Tools toolbar disappeared!

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search