WF Classic 6.01g Analysis - Strange behaviour
Thread poster: SPI-Trad

SPI-Trad
Local time: 04:24
Czech to French
+ ...
Oct 28, 2011

Hello,
I've just upgraded to WFC 6.01g (with Word 2003), and when I launch an analysis (Wordfast Setup > Tools > Analyse), Wordfast actually does the analysis but doesn't display the analysis .txt file anymore (instead of this, it just saves it somewhere + the analysed file's font is changed to Courier New.

Is there a way to fix that?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Joseph

Direct link Reply with quote

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:24
Finnish to French
This rings a bell Oct 28, 2011

JSpin wrote:
I've just upgraded to WFC 6.01g (with Word 2003), and when I launch an analysis (Wordfast Setup > Tools > Analyse), Wordfast actually does the analysis but doesn't display the analysis .txt file anymore (instead of this, it just saves it somewhere + the analysed file's font is changed to Courier New.

I've seen this problem at a client a few months ago. I couldn't find a solution (they had several computers, and only one of them was affected). I asked about it on the mailing list, but didn't get any reply:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/wordfast/message/78430

Reports files are text files. Wordfast happens to open them in Word, so they will get a font when displayed in Word, but in the end, they remain text files and are therefore fontless.

SPI-Trad
Local time: 04:24
Czech to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Font change Oct 28, 2011

Merci Dominique, it's nice to see I'm not the only one with this problem...

As for the fonts, the problem is that the analysis process "corrupts" my .doc file (the source text I'm trying to analyse), which ends up with the default Courrier New font.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF Classic 6.01g Analysis - Strange behaviour

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search