Wordfast Pro 2.42 cannot be executed anymore, only logo appears but program does not open
Thread poster: Ute Neumaier
Ute Neumaier
Ute Neumaier  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:00
Member (2008)
Spanish to German
+ ...
Oct 31, 2011

HI,
I am having a problem with Wordfast 2.42 after having been working with it for a long time. Due to an electrical problem my computer was run down accidently twice and after the second time when clicking WF only the little logo window openen, but the program does not. Tried to uninstall and reinstall, but nothing happens. Getting nervous as I have a deadline for a job tonight. What I found strange is that when reinstalling there appears only an executable with 56 k. Is that correct, I t
... See more
HI,
I am having a problem with Wordfast 2.42 after having been working with it for a long time. Due to an electrical problem my computer was run down accidently twice and after the second time when clicking WF only the little logo window openen, but the program does not. Tried to uninstall and reinstall, but nothing happens. Getting nervous as I have a deadline for a job tonight. What I found strange is that when reinstalling there appears only an executable with 56 k. Is that correct, I thought the application should be bigger. Who can help? Thanks Ute
Collapse

Georgi Kovachev
Georgi Kovachev  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 13:00
Member (2010)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
May be you should use system optimising programmes Oct 31, 2011

Hi Ute,

In my opinion, it seems you are having a problem of general nature with your computer. I suggest that you should use one of the so-called 'PC optimising programmes' like Advanced System Care (free) or Ashampoo WinOptimizer, the latest version being 8, and I am using 7 (less than $15).
I hope to be of help to you.

Kind regards,
Georgi

Alex Lago
Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Is java working? Oct 31, 2011

Is java working OK on your PC? it could also be a corrupted wordfast.ini file.

Have you changed the location of any files in your PC?

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 13:00
English to Arabic
Remove Configuraiton Files Oct 31, 2011

Dear Ute,

If you still have problems, you can completely uninstall Wordfast Pro. When you are asked to keep configuration files, answer with "NO", do not forget "NO". Make sure you first back up or Export your glossaries, if any. If you need your glossaries, open the "glossaries" folder found in .wf_workspace folder and copy the txt files to a safe location so that you can Import them later. Then, try re-installing the latest version of Wordfast Pro; hopefully, it could resolve tha
... See more
Dear Ute,

If you still have problems, you can completely uninstall Wordfast Pro. When you are asked to keep configuration files, answer with "NO", do not forget "NO". Make sure you first back up or Export your glossaries, if any. If you need your glossaries, open the "glossaries" folder found in .wf_workspace folder and copy the txt files to a safe location so that you can Import them later. Then, try re-installing the latest version of Wordfast Pro; hopefully, it could resolve that.

If the problem persists:

Could you please try to delete the "Wordfast" folder from "Program Files" and delete "wf_workspace" folder from C:\Documents and Settings\UserName (for Vista: C:\Users\UserName).

Then, try re-installing the latest version. Make sure that you disable any anti-virus or security software during that.

HTH,
Yasmin (WF)
Collapse

Ute Neumaier
Ute Neumaier  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2008)
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks everybody, I did uninstall, reinstall, did not keep -wf-workspace, but now it is very slow Oct 31, 2011

Yasmin Moslem wrote:

Dear Ute,

If you still have problems, you can completely uninstall Wordfast Pro. When you are asked to keep configuration files, answer with "NO", do not forget "NO". Make sure you first back up or Export your glossaries, if any. If you need your glossaries, open the "glossaries" folder found in .wf_workspace folder and copy the txt files to a safe location so that you can Import them later. Then, try re-installing the latest version of Wordfast Pro; hopefully, it could resolve that.

If the problem persists:

Could you please try to delete the "Wordfast" folder from "Program Files" and delete "wf_workspace" folder from C:\Documents and Settings\UserName (for Vista: C:\Users\UserName).

Then, try re-installing the latest version. Make sure that you disable any anti-virus or security software during that.

HTH,
Yasmin (WF)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro 2.42 cannot be executed anymore, only logo appears but program does not open

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »