Hiding visible text and showing hidden
Thread poster: Olly Pekelharing

Olly Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 16:00
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
Nov 3, 2011

Anyone have a quick trick for hiding the visible target text and showing the hidden source text in WFC? (The reverse of ctrl+,) I want to be able to take a quick glimpse at the original text without all tags, target segments, etc., without actually having to open the original doc.

Ta,

Olly

Thomas Carey  Identity Verified
Member (2011)
French to English
+ ...
CTRL , Nov 3, 2011

Hi,

I was reading a thread on how to show hidden text with a wordfast bak file. I think it was CTRL comma or in the wordfast menu in WC, Miscellaneous - Show all.

regards

Olly Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
I know Nov 3, 2011

Thanks Thomas, I know. I want too show the hidden text AND hide the visible text, i.e. read the hidden text in the original format!

Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:00
English to French
+ ...
quick macro Nov 3, 2011

If I really wanted to do that, I'd create a quick 3-step macro which would, say,

1) turn hidden text all red/all highlighted/all wWingding/etc.
2) turn non-hidden text into hidden text
3) turn the text changed at 1) into visible text.

All that on a copy of the file, of course

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Hiding visible text and showing hidden

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search