François-Xavier Pâque
Belgium
Local time: 15:33
Member (2010)
Russian to French
+ ...
Nov 3, 2011

Hello all,

Am I the only one who has integration problem with Google translate MT on Mac OS X Lion with WFP latest version ?

For some reasons it seems MT can pull only a few segments at a time before failing (current count is one segment) ! which results in a lot a lost time !

Thanks in advance !

Dušan Ján Hlísta
Dušan Ján Hlísta  Identity Verified
Slovakia
Local time: 15:33
English to Slovak
+ ...
MT Google Nov 3, 2011

It seems that Google MT is not functioning for free as a part of Wordfast Classic. I read somewhere that since the 1st December their MT will be available only as a paid service. Very courageous... and uninteresting!
DJH

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:33
English to French
+ ...
See the beta list Nov 3, 2011

The current beta contains a PB command which maintains free GT integration through MSIE, using what Yves Champollion states is called "scraping", ie. basic copy/paste through the MSIE window.

It works, although there are occasional hiccups which can be solved by either disabling MT in the MT tab, or closing/relaunching Word.

I don't think copying that PB command in an earlier version of Wf would work, since the MT tab was recoded a few beta releases ago.

Ho
... See more
The current beta contains a PB command which maintains free GT integration through MSIE, using what Yves Champollion states is called "scraping", ie. basic copy/paste through the MSIE window.

It works, although there are occasional hiccups which can be solved by either disabling MT in the MT tab, or closing/relaunching Word.

I don't think copying that PB command in an earlier version of Wf would work, since the MT tab was recoded a few beta releases ago.

However, WRT to loss of time, this whole GT process is slow.

FWIW, the current beta (6.02h) seem to have issues with serving TM matches.
Collapse

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:33
Finnish to French
Get an API v2 key... Nov 3, 2011

skopko wrote:
It seems that Google MT is not functioning for free as a part of Wordfast Classic. I read somewhere that since the 1st December their MT will be available only as a paid service. Very courageous... and uninteresting!

Just get a Google Translate API v2 key, see http://youtu.be/-KHq094SeWU?hd=1

Once you have your key, you can use it in memoQ, Wordfast Anywhere (http://youtu.be/19gBOO5xT58?hd=1) or Wordfast Classic (with the latest beta version). For Wordfast Pro, you'll have to wait a little. In the meantime, you can use Microsoft Translator with the AutoHotKey script posted by Yasmin.

Dominique Pivard
Finnish to French
Everybody is getting the problem with Google Translation API v1 Nov 3, 2011

François-Xavier Pâque wrote:
Am I the only one who has integration problem with Google translate MT on Mac OS X Lion with WFP latest version ?

No, everybody using API v1 is having the problem (see http://www.wordfast.net/?kb=188-32). You can upgrade to API v2 (see my other post) and use it in Classic or Anywhere. With Pro, you'll have to wait a little (the AutoHotKey script I mentioned in my other post won't work in OS X, since it's a Windows application).

Dominique Pivard
Finnish to French
API v2 is fast and reliable, WFC 6.02i is out Nov 3, 2011

JL01 wrote:
However, WRT to loss of time, this whole GT process is slow.

GT API v2 is fast and reliable. And it's not expensive (I was charged $0.39 for my use of it in Oct-2011).

JL01 wrote:
FWIW, the current beta (6.02h) seem to have issues with serving TM matches.

6.02i is out, seems like it fixed the issue.

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:33
English to French
+ ...
6.02i Nov 3, 2011

6.02i came out AFTER my post. You and I were alerted by Yves' message to that effect.

Dominique Pivard
Finnish to French
The problem being anonymous Nov 4, 2011

JL01 wrote:
6.02i came out AFTER my post. You and I were alerted by Yves' message to that effect.

Sorry, since you're known as "JL01" here, I have no idea who you are and whether you take part in discussions on the WFC beta list.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MT integration Problem

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »