Help merging TDBs in Wordfast Pro needed.
Thread poster: msgallo

msgallo
Local time: 02:31
German to English
+ ...
Nov 4, 2011

Hi Everyone,

I am fairly new to Wordfast Pro, and just figuring my way through the demo-mode set-up. I am trying to merge the content of my own two local TDBs into one. I have a read-only TDB which prevents sensitive terms being translated into censored documents, and a censored TDB which I am adding new terms to. The terms will also be useful in the read-only TDB however, and other than add each term twice, once for the censored version, and again to the read-only version, I'm not sure how to merge the two.

I am thinking that I will have to set the second TDB to read rather than read-only.

Is there a simple way to merge the content of one or more TDBs to another from within Wordfast Pro?

Thanks in advance

msgallo
Local time: 02:31
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Success Nov 4, 2011

Having delved into some other threads in this forum, I figured a way to combine the data in Wordfast Pro TDBs. having exported both TDBs as .txt files, I was able to open both files in Word, then copy the content of one of the .txt files into the content of the other, save this, and then re-import it into Wordfast Pro. I saw the number of terms had risen.

The thread also discussed using Oliphant as a means of combining data, so just trying to figure out how that works.

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:31
Finnish to French
Olifant is for TM's, not terminology Nov 4, 2011

msgallo wrote:
The thread also discussed using Oliphant as a means of combining data, so just trying to figure out how that works.

Olifant (with an "f", not "ph"!) is for TM's only. You can find it at http://okapi.sourceforge.net/downloads.html
It's currently only available for Windows, but a new Java version is in the making and it will be cross-platform (= also Mac & Linux).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help merging TDBs in Wordfast Pro needed.

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search