How do I edit TM units?
Thread poster: Clevedon

Clevedon
German to English
+ ...
Nov 5, 2011

I'm using the Demo version of Wordfast Pro. Probably it's my ignorance, but I can't find any way of viewing the entire contents of a TM and editing units (eg changing typos). I can search a TM to find specific units, but I want to be able to view every unit in a list, to proofread them and make edits where required.

inge van dri (X)
Local time: 10:43
German to Dutch
+ ...
In Wordpad Nov 5, 2011

Or in Word, or in Excel. All software which can read and produce txt files can be used. Note that units which begin with x have been overwritten by another unit.
Or better, you can use Wordpad Classic for this, it has its own TM management part.

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:43
Finnish to French
You have to be careful with Excel Nov 5, 2011

van driel wrote:
Or in Word, or in Excel. All software which can read and produce txt files can be used. Note that units which begin with x have been overwritten by another unit.
Or better, you can use Wordpad Classic for this, it has its own TM management part.

Excel should be used with cautious when editing a Wordfast TM. You may find quotes will be added around your segments and if you have very long segments, they will be truncated.

Wordfast Classic's data editor is a better and safer choice. So is Olifant (http://okapi.sourceforge.net/downloads.html).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I edit TM units?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search