Thread poster: B D Finch

B D Finch  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:35
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
Nov 8, 2011

One of the most annoying things abuot WF Pro, compared to Classic, is the inability to search for an exact phrase when context searching TMs. Has anyone discovered a method of doing this? It is really annoying to come up with a load of irrelevant results that just happen to have the key words scattered around in them.

??

Stefan Stefanov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 03:35
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Use the plus operator Nov 8, 2011

B D Finch wrote:

One of the most annoying things abuot WF Pro, compared to Classic, is the inability to search for an exact phrase when context searching TMs. Has anyone discovered a method of doing this? It is really annoying to come up with a load of irrelevant results that just happen to have the key words scattered around in them.

??

Have you tried using the + operator? For example: big+black+lorry. This will return all exact matches for this phrase.

B D Finch  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:35
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Doesn't work Nov 14, 2011

Stefan Stefanov wrote:

Have you tried using the + operator? For example: big+black+lorry. This will return all exact matches for this phrase.

That is the standard format in which a selected phrase is shown in the context search window and it doesn't work for me, I just get every segment in the TM that has all of the words but not necessarily consecutively. I have also tried putting the + signs in myself, to no avail.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Exact phrase context search WFP

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search