Valeria Ricciardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 17:23
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
Nov 14, 2011

Dear all

I have Wordfast PRO 2.4 installed on a PC which I can't access anymore and I need to reinstall this CAT on another PC. I have the .lic I received when I bought the software in 2009, but it doesn't seem to work anymore now. The license should still be valid. What should I do? Upgrade my license or get a new one?

Thank you

Valeria Ricciardi

David Daduč
Czech Republic
English to Czech
Generate a new license file Nov 14, 2011

A license file is always based on an install number, which identifies your Wordfast Pro installation on a specific computer. When you install Wordfast on a new computer, it generates and displays a new install number and you need to create a new license file, based on the new install number. Using an old license file on a new computer will not work.

To generate your new license file, log in at www.wordfast.net, click License an application, enter your current install number, and click Generate License. The on-line system will let you download the license file and it will tell you how to register it in Wordfast Pro on your computer.

neilmac  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Contact support Nov 14, 2011

Valeria Ricciardi wrote:

Dear all

I have Wordfast PRO 2.4 installed on a PC which I can't access anymore and I need to reinstall this CAT on another PC. I have the .lic I received when I bought the software in 2009, but it doesn't seem to work anymore now. The license should still be valid. What should I do? Upgrade my license or get a new one?

Thank you

Valeria Ricciardi

I assume you can download and activate it on the new PC. As a licence holder your details should still be in their database. Try asking the support team, they always sort out my re-licencing issues quickly. The last couple of times it was Yasmin who helped out.

Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Done automatically on website Nov 14, 2011

If you have a valid license you can get it over the web

Go to Wordfast.net and login, then click on "License or re-license a Wordfast application

Follow the instructions

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Installing Wordfast on two different PCs

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search