Local time: 18:04
Member (2008)
English to German
Nov 16, 2011

Hi,

I'm a little at loss with this error message in WF Pro 2.4.2:

"An error has occurred when activating this view
java.lang.NullPointerException"

It shows every time I connect to a remote TM, term list and when opening a txml-file. It worked fine just yesterday, but now even those older files cannot be worked on. The function buttons (next segment/previous segment, etc.) are greyed out and their corresponding shortcut keys do not work.

I have absolutely no idea what this could be and appreciate all suggestions. Thank you!

Best,
Heiko Franz

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
Uninstall & Upgrade Nov 16, 2011

Dear Heiko,

If you still have problems, you can completely uninstall Wordfast Pro. When you are asked to keep configuration files, answer with "NO". Make sure you first back up (Export) your glossaries, if any. Then, try re-installing the latest version of Wordfast Pro; hopefully, it could resolve that.

You can download and install the latest version of Wordfast Professional available at:
http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html

HTH,
Yasmin (WF)

Heiko Franz  Identity Verified
Member (2008)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Uninstalling & Upgrading helped Nov 17, 2011

Hi Yasmin,

Thanks a lot, your suggestion was really helpful! Though I still don't know what the error message was all about, I can now continue working. Perhaps some bug fixing effort has eliminated this issue in the upgraded version of WF Pro?

Best,
Heiko

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF Pro error message

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search