Impressed with Wordfast Anywhere
Thread poster: Olly Pekelharing

Olly Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 20:16
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
Nov 17, 2011

Just want to give Wordfast Anywhere a thumbs up here. I had a scanned doc in pdf, only 300 words or so. Using Anywhere I converted it into a doc and the result was nearly flawless. It only took a little editing to produce a doc ready for translating with WFC. Very impressive. Studio was lost!

Diana Coada  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:16
Portuguese to English
+ ...
I use it all the time for scanned pdfs! Nov 17, 2011

I am glad other people are discovering it too.

icon_smile.gif

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:16
Finnish to French
Spread the word! Nov 18, 2011

Diana Coada wrote:
I am glad other people are discovering it too.
icon_smile.gif

If you want to spread the word, tell people to watch this: http://youtu.be/ZwYgFbWzpFQ?hd=1 icon_wink.gif

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
How about confidentiality? Nov 18, 2011

If you have promised to keep the material confidential, do you infringe this when using cloud-based tools like Anywhere?
I use Abbyy Finereader for scanned documents.

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Finnish to French
it depends Nov 18, 2011

Heinrich Pesch wrote:
If you have promised to keep the material confidential, do you infringe this when using cloud-based tools like Anywhere?

It depends on the faith you have in the privacy statement made by Wordfast (http://www.freetm.com/doc/terms.html):

"All the data maintained by Wordfast LLC on your behalf is kept strictly confidential. Wordfast LLC will not reuse, sell, reveal, distribute or in any way disclose the data you entrust in our servers. We mean all data: documents, translation memories, glossaries, personal information, etc. Documents or accounts that are deleted by you are permanently and irretrievably erased."

Any PDF you upload to the Wordfast server for conversion can stay there only for the time it takes to convert it. It can be uploaded over a secure (https) connection. When the PDF has been emailed to you by your client, security has probably been breached in a more severe way (no encryption etc.)

Heinrich Pesch wrote:
I use Abbyy Finereader for scanned documents.

Then it's fine, but not every one has FineReader (or OmniPage).

Laurent KRAULAND  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:16
French to German
+ ...
I have to concur... Nov 18, 2011

with Olly and Diana. WFA is really great at extracting (?) editable text from 'dead PDFs". Thanks Yves Champollion and the WFA team!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Impressed with Wordfast Anywhere

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search