Wordfast Anywhere: why my TM is not uploading at all?
Thread poster: Adriana Robert-Rodriguez

Adriana Robert-Rodriguez  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:49
French to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 19, 2011

Hello everyone,

I'm just learning to use Wordfast anywhere (my knowledge of CAT tools is limited to trados) and I'm on the brink of a nervous breakdown (honestly).
I have tried several times to upload the TM ( saved as tmx file) and the TM uploading report shows that 110 Tus were submitted for upload and that the total added Tus were zero! Same happens when attempting to upload the txt file of the glossary. In consequence, when I open the Analysis report, there are no matches or concordances, only zeros everywhere.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

many thanks,

Grafito aka Adriana

[Edited at 2011-11-19 01:10 GMT]

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:49
Finnish to French
Use Olifant Nov 19, 2011

Grafito wrote:
I'm just learning to use Wordfast anywhere (my knowledge of CAT tools is limited to trados) and I'm on the brink of a nervous breakdown (honestly).
I have tried several times to upload the TM ( saved as tmx file) and the TM uploading report shows that 110 Tus were submitted for upload and that the total added Tus were zero! Same happens when attempting to upload the txt file of the glossary. In consequence, when I open the Analysis report, there are no matches or concordances, only zeros everywhere.

Just to be on the safe side: install Olifant (http://okapi.sourceforge.net/downloads.html) and use it to convert your TMX to the Wordfast format, then upload the converted TM.

French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I did as suggested but... Nov 19, 2011

Thanks Dominique for your reply.
I just did as you suggested: I opened the TMX with Olifant and saved it as a Wordfast TM file (txt), but when imported, the result was the same. I did run the TM test in the WFA configuration window, and it shows "TM tests: Passed [0 Tus] Glossary test: passed [0Tus] .

I don't know what to do, I'll keep trying anyway.

regards,

Adriana

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:49
Finnish to French
Ask for help on the WFA list Nov 19, 2011

Grafito wrote:
I just did as you suggested: I opened the TMX with Olifant and saved it as a Wordfast TM file (txt), but when imported, the result was the same. I did run the TM test in the WFA configuration window, and it shows "TM tests: Passed [0 Tus] Glossary test: passed [0Tus] .
I don't know what to do, I'll keep trying anyway.

Ask for help on the WFA list (http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Wordfast_Anywhere/ ), which is monitored by the developer. Maybe there's a temporary problem with the server.

[Edited at 2011-11-19 21:43 GMT]

French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks, I'll do that now =] Nov 19, 2011

I'll join the group now.

Adriana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Anywhere: why my TM is not uploading at all?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search