Upgraded Wordfast Pro and can't access TM
Thread poster: Mary Barattucci

Mary Barattucci  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 00:55
Italian to English
+ ...
Nov 29, 2011

I upgraded today and now am in a heap of trouble. The name of the TM is still there, but when I try to translate and input a segment it says it can't connect. When given the option to keep all my glossaries, tm's, etc. I said "Yes". Now I'm trying to search on my PC for it and I can't find the TM file at all.

Anyone know how I might be able to recover the file? I haven't been able to find it at all.

[Edited at 2011-11-29 13:19 GMT]

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:55
Finnish to French
Have you tried reselecting your TM? Nov 29, 2011

Mary Barattucci wrote:
I upgraded today and now am in a heap of trouble. The name of the TM is still there, but when I try to translate and input a segment it says it can't connect. When given the option to keep all my glossaries, tm's, etc. I said "Yes". Now I'm trying to search on my PC for it and I can't find the TM file at all.
Anyone know how I might be able to recover the file? I haven't been able to find it at all.

Do you mean you don't know what folder you stored your TM in?! What happens if you open that folder in Windows Explorer (or Finder, if you're on Mac, or whatever file manager, if you're on Linux): can't you see the .txt and .jtx files? Can you open the .txt in a text editor? Have you tried reselecting the TM in Wordfast Pro (with the 'Open' button)?

Assuming Wordfast somehow "ate" your TM during the upgrade (not very likely, but who knows), don't you have a recent backup copy of it somewhere?

Mary Barattucci  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 00:55
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It's gone Nov 29, 2011

I checked in my backup folder and it's not there although the other ones are. So, I checked every .txt folder on my PC...still not there. I pulled up old projects for that TM and tried to connect to it and I get the same message. I looked up all the .bak and .jtx files and it's not there either. It is by far my largest TM and it was pretty big. Could that have something to do with it? If all the TMs disappeared I could understand it somewhat, but why just one? Is there anything I'm overlooking in trying to find it?

And I did try reselecting and it points to a whole different file. It shows the path as C:\Programs\Wordfast\plugins.txt.(!!)

[Edited at 2011-11-29 13:38 GMT]

Basically, I think I'm sunk. But, I can go back and pull up my old files and commit them to the new TM. It's very time consuming though so I'm wondering if there might be some way to pull up the segments for several files at once. I'm already pulling up 4 or 5 at a time, hitting Alt-End and then going onto the next one. But, I would like it if there were an easier way even though I admit it's unlikely.

[Edited at 2011-11-29 13:59 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Upgraded Wordfast Pro and can't access TM

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search