Thread poster: Alex Hughes

Alex Hughes  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:20
Spanish to English
+ ...
Dec 1, 2011

Good evening,

I just finished a translation in wordfast anywhere, and it won't download as a formatted word doc. The error message says that there is an error in the tags in segment 45 (which has no tags), I sent an email to wordfast about two hours ago and haven't gotten a reply yet.

So far I've tried all the simple stuff, and I've tried following the instructions in the FAQ, but nothing has worked.

I have been able to download the unformatted version but copying and pasting everything will take ages and the document has to be sent tomorrow. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? It is urgent so I would appreciate any help I can get.

Direct link Reply with quote

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:20
Finnish to French
See the support policy Dec 2, 2011

AlexHughes wrote:
I just finished a translation in wordfast anywhere, and it won't download as a formatted word doc. The error message says that there is an error in the tags in segment 45 (which has no tags), I sent an email to wordfast about two hours ago and haven't gotten a reply yet.

Who is "Wordfast"? There's no such person. If you mean "Wordfast support", please see the policy about support:

http://www.wordfast.net/?kb=181-32

In other words, ask all your questions about Wordfast anywhere on the dedicated list.

JL01  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:20
English to French
+ ...
Yup Dec 2, 2011

Been there, done that. This is one of the reasons why I don't use Wf Anywhere.

In my case, it was urgent, too. Response from Wf Support involved some server problem, which "is being resolved right now". It wasn't resolved in time, and I promptly bought MemoQ, because it was a project involving .inx files. Wf Classic works fine with Office files.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Anywhere: Completed document will not download

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search