Direct link Reply with quote

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:49
Finnish to French
Post the solution instead of asking for deletion of thread Dec 3, 2011

oxiborick wrote:
Edit: Nevermind, figured it out.
Monitors, please delete this thread.

It would be a better idea to post the solution you figured out, instead of asking for deletion of the thread.
Anyway, Wordfast Classic users can enable the FirstKeyDNS command in Pandora's box if they use Dragon Naturally Speaking. Explanation from the reference manual:

"Solves a problem caused by some versions of the DNS dictation software that makes the cursor jump a few lines up or down after a segment opens."

oxiborick  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:49
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
all right, but it seems trivial in retrospect Dec 3, 2011

Dominique Pivard wrote:

oxiborick wrote:
Edit: Nevermind, figured it out.
Monitors, please delete this thread.

It would be a better idea to post the solution you figured out, instead of asking for deletion of the thread.
Anyway, Wordfast Classic users can enable the FirstKeyDNS command in Pandora's box if they use Dragon Naturally Speaking. Explanation from the reference manual:

"Solves a problem caused by some versions of the DNS dictation software that makes the cursor jump a few lines up or down after a segment opens."

OK

I bought word fast so I could participate in a very large project. The program was running very slowly on a rather powerful computer. I also have TRADOS licenses for versions 2007 and 2011, and they run fine on this computer. I thought DNS might be causing this because the dictated text was appearing onscreen at a very leisurely pace (note that I cannot really type well at all due to a disability, so I was unable to test this theory by closing DNS and typing normally). I was unaware that the amount of physical memory used by the application had to be set in the preferences. (this option is listed as "memory preferences" in the WF menu, which I had rather stupidly assumed was an option that involved TM, not RAM).

I set it to 1470 MB and now it's running fine. I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions before posting a question.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Using Dragon Naturally Speaking with WF

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search