Thread poster: Salvador Scofano and Gry Midttun
Salvador Scofano and Gry Midttun
Norway
Local time: 05:27
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Dec 12, 2011

I wonder if anybody has already succesfully modified any shortcut key in Wordfast Classic.

I am basically interested in creating a new shortcut for the [Start Translation/Next Segment] command. I use already the Alt+Down shortcut, but would like to create an alternative single-key shortcut for the same command (for instance F9). Any suggestions?

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:27
Finnish to French
Use custom shortcuts, under Setup > UI Dec 12, 2011

Salvador Scofano and Gry Midttun wrote:
I am basically interested in creating a new shortcut for the [Start Translation/Next Segment] command. I use already the Alt+Down shortcut, but would like to create an alternative single-key shortcut for the same command (for instance F9). Any suggestions?

This should do the trick: http://screencast.com/t/vzEgPe943

Norway
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved! Dec 12, 2011

Hi Dominique,

Your suggestion solved the problem. After enabling the custom shortcuts, I went to the Word's customize feature.
Thhen -> keyboard -> Category and added an alternative shortcut for the macro correspondent to Next Segment.

Thank you very much.

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:27
Finnish to French
Strange that you had to go through an extra step Dec 12, 2011

Salvador Scofano and Gry Midttun wrote:
Your suggestion solved the problem. After enabling the custom shortcuts, I went to the Word's customize feature.
Thhen -> keyboard -> Category and added an alternative shortcut for the macro correspondent to Next Segment.

Strange: over here, making the changes in Wordfast was sufficient, I didn't have to make changes in Word. I tested that in Word 2010, btw. Anyway, I'm happy with the default Wordfast shortcuts, so I'm not using custom shortcuts at all.

Norway
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
What should be the procedure? Dec 12, 2011

After I enable the shortcuts in the UI, should I just go to the window below, double click the "Next Segment" line and add a new shortkey?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to modify (or create new) shortcut keys in Wordfast Classic

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »