Wordfast can't finish cleaning..
Thread poster: Anne Carnot

Anne Carnot  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 03:44
Member (2009)
English to French
Dec 15, 2011

Hi everyone,

I seem to be having a problem with Wordfast Classic: each time I try to clean my document (about 30 pages), WF cleans 97% of the document, then stops answering. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the software, but it only managed to go from 94% to 97%... Quickclean works, but that's not really a solution to my problem...
Thanks in advance for your help in this matter!

Anne

[Edited at 2011-12-15 17:08 GMT]


 

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:44
Finnish to French
Version info? Dec 15, 2011

Anne Carnot wrote:
I seem to be having a problem with Wordfast Classic: each time I try to clean my document (about 30 pages), WF cleans 97% of the document, then stops answering. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the software, but it only managed to go from 94% to 97%... Quickclean works, but that's not really a solution to my problem...

Is this on Windows or Mac? What versions of Word and Wordfast? Does it occur only with this particular document, or with every document? Does it make a difference whether or not you choose to update the TM?


 

Anne Carnot  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 03:44
Member (2009)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
6.01g / Windows Dec 15, 2011

Hi Dominique,

I have version 6.01g, on Windows. I just tried with another smaller document, and it worked fine, so I suppose the problem could come from my document. I tried to rename it, and to rename the TM, but it made no difference... as you suggested, I tried to clean the document without updating the TM, and it got stuck again at 97%...

I must say I'm really useless when it comes to computer softwareicon_smile.gif


 

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:44
Finnish to French
Send it in private if you can... Dec 15, 2011

Anne Carnot wrote:
I have version 6.01g, on Windows. I just tried with another smaller document, and it worked fine, so I suppose the problem could come from my document. I tried to rename it, and to rename the TM, but it made no difference... as you suggested, I tried to clean the document without updating the TM, and it got stuck again at 97%...

If you can send it to me in private, I could try to see if it would clean up on my side...


 

neilmac  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:44
Spanish to English
+ ...
Keep us posted Dec 16, 2011

Anne Carnot wrote:

Hi Dominique,

I have version 6.01g, on Windows. I just tried with another smaller document, and it worked fine, so I suppose the problem could come from my document. I tried to rename it, and to rename the TM, but it made no difference... as you suggested, I tried to clean the document without updating the TM, and it got stuck again at 97%...

I must say I'm really useless when it comes to computer softwareicon_smile.gif


I'm no WF whizzkid either. Dominique sounds like a true gentleman. Please let us know how you get on and how you eventually find the solution.


 

nordiste  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:44
English to French
+ ...
QA issue ? Dec 16, 2011

Have you run QA on the document ? Maybe there are too many errors like missing tags.

Did you check if the TM was partially updated ? Knowing at which segment it stopped could help solve the problem.


 

Anne Carnot  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 03:44
Member (2009)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Dec 16, 2011

Dominique Pivard wrote:


If you can send it to me in private, I could try to see if it would clean up on my side...


Thanks for your offer Dominique! I'll send it to you, but I think the problem might be in the document itself, as I tried to clean another very similar document and it worked fine... I'll keep you postedicon_smile.gif


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast can't finish cleaning..

Advanced search


Translation news related to Wordfast





Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search