Can we install WF Pro on 2 computers and how to export a TM from Wordfast?
Thread poster: Chloë Peyredieu

Chloë Peyredieu  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:43
Member (2008)
English to French
+ ...
Feb 2, 2012

My question is in the topic title: can the WF Pro licence I bought last year for my laptop be installed on my brand-new desktop computer? Is there any special procedure to perform or can I use the same licence file to install WF?

If it is possible, can I export a TM (in whatever file format) in order to import it in WF Pro on another computer? I tried to, but the export process failed...

Thanks!

Chloë

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
Yes Feb 2, 2012

Dear Chloë,

Yes, as an individual translator, you can install WF on two machines you own and use yourself. For more information, please read Wordfast EULA:
http://wordfast.net/index.php?whichpage=agreement

No, you cannot use the same license file. You need to get a new license file for free. You can watch this small video, describing Wordfast Pro licensing steps:
http://www.wordfast.com/wf_pro_license.htm

To license your Wordfast Pro, please follow these instructions:

- Open Wordfast Pro and go to "Help" menu > "License Management".
- Copy the INSTALL NUMBER *currently* shown in "Help" menu > "License Management", not any old one.
- Log-in (wordfast.net > support > login) with your login email and password.
- Click on 'License an application' in order to obtain a license file for your new install number.
- Paste the Install No. in the textbox labeled "Your Wordfast Professional install number:".
- You should receive the license file by email, or you can right-click the link appearing on the confirmation page, and "Save target as". Save the .lic file into as safe location.

- Open Wordfast Pro and go to Help > License Management.
- Click on "Licence Manager".
- Select "(Re-)Install an licence Certificate".
- Click "Next".
- Click "Browse".
- Locate the .lic file.
- Click "Open".
- Click "Next", "Next", and "Finish".
- Restart Wordfast Pro.

HTH,
Yasmin (WF)

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
TM Feb 2, 2012

AdHocTraduction wrote:

can I export a TM (in whatever file format) in order to import it in WF Pro on another computer? I tried to, but the export process failed...

Dear Chloë,

You do not need to Export at all. Please go to the folder where you originally create your TM. If you do not remember the location, go to Translation Memory > New/Select TM, click on the TM, and you will be able see the location. In this location you should find the *.txt file of the TM. Copy this file to your other machine. Go to Translation Memory > New/Select TM and click OPEN, and then "Browse" to locate the file of the TM.

That is it!

HTH,
Yasmin

Chloë Peyredieu  Identity Verified
France
Member (2008)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you ! Feb 2, 2012

Thanks a lot Yasmin for your quick and very helpful answer! Everything runs perfectly on my desktop computer now. I had tried to search this information on the Wordfast knowledge base, but failed to find useful tips.

You made things easier for me!

Best regards,

Chloë

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can we install WF Pro on 2 computers and how to export a TM from Wordfast?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search