Mark Bossanyi  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 22:53
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Feb 5, 2012

I'm using the full stand-alone Wordfast Pro, Version: 2.4.4

When inserting a placeable I use Ctrl+Alt+Right Arrow, followed by Ctrl+Alt+Down Arrow. But sometimes when working fast, I don't press hard enough on the Right Arrow and the system tries unsuccessfully to insert a previously inserted placeable. As a result a window pops up with the message "The placeable already exists".

Fair enough, so far so good.

The problem is that after clicking "OK", I have to use the mouse to return to the segment being translated and to place the cursor in the intended position of the placeable, so that I can insert the right one. This is cumbersome and really slows down the workflow. Isn't there a way of letting the cursor remain in position and active after acknowledging the "The placeable already exists" window?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

After "The placeable already exists", the cursor disappears from the segment

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search