Mark Bossanyi  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 03:55
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Feb 5, 2012

I'm using the full stand-alone Wordfast Pro, Version: 2.4.4

When inserting a placeable I use Ctrl+Alt+Right Arrow, followed by Ctrl+Alt+Down Arrow. But sometimes when working fast, I don't press hard enough on the Right Arrow and the system tries unsuccessfully to insert a previously inserted placeable. As a result a window pops up with the message "The placeable already exists".

Fair enough, so far so good.

The problem is that after clicking "OK", I have to use the mouse to return to the segment being translated and to place the cursor in the intended position of the placeable, so that I can insert the right one. This is cumbersome and really slows down the workflow. Isn't there a way of letting the cursor remain in position and active after acknowledging the "The placeable already exists" window?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

After "The placeable already exists", the cursor disappears from the segment

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search