wordfast 6.02w Google translate issue
Thread poster: barryw

barryw
Local time: 10:06
English to Chinese
+ ...
Feb 10, 2012

Dear all, anyone encountered this and how can I solve it?

I installed Wordfast Classic 6.02w on MS Word 2010 on Windows XP, and Google translate API being applied.

However, the Google translate returns the following message when I translating:
"error, errors, domain, global, reason, invalid, message, invalid value, code 400..."

Any hint on how to solve this issue? Thanks!
barry


 

Donatella Semproni  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:06
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
I had the same problem Feb 10, 2012

As far as I know, Google translate is no more a free service. This seems to be the problem. See here:
http://code.google.com/apis/language/translate/overview.html
and here:
http://code.google.com/apis/language/translate/v2/getting_started.html
icon_frown.gif

HTH

Donatella


 

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:06
Finnish to French
No problem with 6.02w and Google Translate here Feb 10, 2012

Donatella Semproni wrote:
As far as I know, Google translate is no more a free service.

Barry said he's using an API key, so that can't be the problem.
I have no problem getting Google Translate (and Microsoft Translator) to work with 6.02w, as you can see here:
http://screencast.com/t/gDE3oPXB


 

Donatella Semproni  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:06
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
You are right Feb 10, 2012

Dominique Pivard wrote:

Donatella Semproni wrote:
As far as I know, Google translate is no more a free service.

Barry said he's using an API key, so that can't be the problem.
I have no problem getting Google Translate (and Microsoft Translator) to work with 6.02w, as you can see here:
http://screencast.com/t/gDE3oPXB


I am sorry, I had not realized. By the way, can you tell me where you found version 6.02w? Mine is 6.1g, and I couldn't find any 6.02 version in the Wordfast site.

Thank you!


 

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:06
Finnish to French
The answer is in the video... Feb 10, 2012

Donatella Semproni wrote:
By the way, can you tell me where you found version 6.02w? Mine is 6.1g, and I couldn't find any 6.02 version in the Wordfast site.

Watch this video:
http://youtu.be/0iWSV5Gb1gM
the answer is at 01:44.
Do hit the Like button and subscribe to the channel icon_wink.gif


 

barryw
Local time: 10:06
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
no 6.1g anywhere on wordfast.net as far as I know Feb 10, 2012

Dear both, thanks for your replies. I did use paid GT API as Dominique said.

The GT API code works nice on SDL Trados and on WFA, but not this time on wordfast 6.02w installed on MS Word 2010. I downloaded 6.02w from wordfast.net, there's no 6.1g anywhere on wordfast.net as far as I know.

Still looking way to solve this issue...


 

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:06
Finnish to French
A few suggestions Feb 10, 2012

barryw wrote:
Still looking way to solve this issue...

Here is what I'd try: close Word, open your .ini in a text editor and delete the line that starts with WebTranslate=. Open Word, go to the MT tab and retick everything. Also check the value for the threshold (set it high enough, I use 95%).


 

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:06
Finnish to French
Donatella meant 6.01g Feb 10, 2012

barryw wrote:
there's no 6.1g anywhere on wordfast.net as far as I know.

Donatella meant 6.01g, which is the latest *public* version at this time. The latest beta version is currently 6.02w SE (second edition), as you noted yourself.


 

Donatella Semproni  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:06
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
Thank you! Feb 10, 2012

Dominique Pivard wrote:

Donatella Semproni wrote:
By the way, can you tell me where you found version 6.02w? Mine is 6.1g, and I couldn't find any 6.02 version in the Wordfast site.

Watch this video:
http://youtu.be/0iWSV5Gb1gM
the answer is at 01:44.
Do hit the Like button and subscribe to the channel icon_wink.gif


I did! thank you for your suggestionicon_smile.gif

D.


 

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:06
Finnish to French
Thanks to you! Feb 10, 2012

Donatella Semproni wrote:
I did! thank you for your suggestionicon_smile.gif

I have to resort to dirty tricks in order to get people to watch my videos icon_wink.gif

The next one should be about concordance search in Wordfast, Trados Workbench, SDL Studio, Déjà Vu and memoQ, so stay tuned on http://www.youtube.com/user/CATguruEN


 

barryw
Local time: 10:06
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Feb 10, 2012

Dominique Pivard wrote:

barryw wrote:
Still looking way to solve this issue...

Here is what I'd try: close Word, open your .ini in a text editor and delete the line that starts with WebTranslate=. Open Word, go to the MT tab and retick everything. Also check the value for the threshold (set it high enough, I use 95%).


yeah, will try later, thank you!


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

wordfast 6.02w Google translate issue

Advanced search


Translation news related to Wordfast





Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search