Wordfast Anywhere and Term replacement
Thread poster: Spiros Doikas

Spiros Doikas  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:18
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
Feb 10, 2012

I may have a glossary entry added, but when it opens the TU, it ignores it (i.e. the source term is not replaced with target term and it has to be done manually), do you know how this can be changed? I guess I am not asking for much, i.e. DVX/MetaTexis have been doing this for years.

Also, if I press Ctrl+Alt+Down arrow as soon as opening a segment (and there is a single term match) what comes up is the first source word and not the term. I have to click a few times Ctrl+Alt+Right arrow to reach the actual term and then when I press Ctrl+Alt+Down it works.

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Finnish to French
Use the Anywhere list Feb 10, 2012

Spiros Doikas wrote:
I may have a glossary entry added, but when it opens the TU, it ignores it (i.e. the source term is not replaced with target term and it has to be done manually), do you know how this can be changed? I guess I am not asking for much, i.e. DVX/MetaTexis have been doing this for years.

You can do this in Classic and in Pro, but not in Anywhere (AFAIK). Join the Anywhere list (http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Wordfast_Anywhere/ ) and ask there. Your suggestions will reach the developers directly.

Spiros Doikas wrote:
Also, if I press Ctrl+Alt+Down arrow as soon as opening a segment (and there is a single term match) what comes up is the first source word and not the term. I have to click a few times Ctrl+Alt+Right arrow to reach the actual term and then when I press Ctrl+Alt+Down it works.

You can copy terms directly with first letter + tab

Spiros Doikas  Identity Verified
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your suggestions Feb 10, 2012

You can copy terms directly with first letter + tab

This can be very unpractical if your target language requires a change of keyboard language.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Anywhere and Term replacement

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search