Wordfast Anywhere and Term replacement
Thread poster: Spiros Doikas

Spiros Doikas  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:22
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
Feb 10, 2012

I may have a glossary entry added, but when it opens the TU, it ignores it (i.e. the source term is not replaced with target term and it has to be done manually), do you know how this can be changed? I guess I am not asking for much, i.e. DVX/MetaTexis have been doing this for years.

Also, if I press Ctrl+Alt+Down arrow as soon as opening a segment (and there is a single term match) what comes up is the first source word and not the term. I have to click a few times Ctrl+Alt+Right arrow to reach the actual term and then when I press Ctrl+Alt+Down it works.

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Finnish to French
Use the Anywhere list Feb 10, 2012

Spiros Doikas wrote:
I may have a glossary entry added, but when it opens the TU, it ignores it (i.e. the source term is not replaced with target term and it has to be done manually), do you know how this can be changed? I guess I am not asking for much, i.e. DVX/MetaTexis have been doing this for years.

You can do this in Classic and in Pro, but not in Anywhere (AFAIK). Join the Anywhere list (http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Wordfast_Anywhere/ ) and ask there. Your suggestions will reach the developers directly.

Spiros Doikas wrote:
Also, if I press Ctrl+Alt+Down arrow as soon as opening a segment (and there is a single term match) what comes up is the first source word and not the term. I have to click a few times Ctrl+Alt+Right arrow to reach the actual term and then when I press Ctrl+Alt+Down it works.

You can copy terms directly with first letter + tab

Spiros Doikas  Identity Verified
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your suggestions Feb 10, 2012

You can copy terms directly with first letter + tab

This can be very unpractical if your target language requires a change of keyboard language.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Anywhere and Term replacement

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search