Editing TM in WFA
Thread poster: ze other one

ze other one
Local time: 08:54
Feb 12, 2012

Hello World,

I'm a beginner user of WFA. I used the «align your files» function in WFA to align a few files I had already translated.

I received the aligned files by email, with 2 other files containing the material the aligner couldn't handle.

Then I uploaded the aligned files to my newly created TM.

Now I want to fix some segments in the TM, those that the aligner couldn't handle.

In the tools tab, I found that I could access the segments through the «Concordance Search» function.

When this function finds a segment, it displays it and gives you the option to modify the target segment.

Now, I need to do this, but methodically. I need to access the TM and browse through it. If it is possible to access it with a «search» function, it must be possible to access it directly. I must be missing something because this seems like a very basic thing to do. or not?

Thanks

P.

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:54
Finnish to French
No TM editor in WFA Feb 13, 2012

ze other one wrote:
Now, I need to do this, but methodically. I need to access the TM and browse through it. If it is possible to access it with a «search» function, it must be possible to access it directly. I must be missing something because this seems like a very basic thing to do. or not?

There's no built-in TM editor in WFA for now, so you must download a copy of your TM and edit it locally. Wordfast Classic has a TM editor (you should be able to edit your TM in demo mode, even if its side exceeds the limit of the demo node). Another possibility is to use Olifant (http://okapi.sourceforge.net/downloads.html).

ze other one
Local time: 08:54
TOPIC STARTER
exzellent! Feb 14, 2012

Thank you,

Exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks again!

P.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Editing TM in WFA

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search