Editing TM in WFA
Thread poster: ze other one

ze other one
Local time: 20:15
Feb 12, 2012

Hello World,

I'm a beginner user of WFA. I used the «align your files» function in WFA to align a few files I had already translated.

I received the aligned files by email, with 2 other files containing the material the aligner couldn't handle.

Then I uploaded the aligned files to my newly created TM.

Now I want to fix some segments in the TM, those that the aligner couldn't handle.

In the tools tab, I found that I could access the segments through the «Concordance Search» function.

When this function finds a segment, it displays it and gives you the option to modify the target segment.

Now, I need to do this, but methodically. I need to access the TM and browse through it. If it is possible to access it with a «search» function, it must be possible to access it directly. I must be missing something because this seems like a very basic thing to do. or not?

Thanks

P.

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:15
Finnish to French
No TM editor in WFA Feb 13, 2012

ze other one wrote:
Now, I need to do this, but methodically. I need to access the TM and browse through it. If it is possible to access it with a «search» function, it must be possible to access it directly. I must be missing something because this seems like a very basic thing to do. or not?

There's no built-in TM editor in WFA for now, so you must download a copy of your TM and edit it locally. Wordfast Classic has a TM editor (you should be able to edit your TM in demo mode, even if its side exceeds the limit of the demo node). Another possibility is to use Olifant (http://okapi.sourceforge.net/downloads.html).

ze other one
Local time: 20:15
TOPIC STARTER
exzellent! Feb 14, 2012

Thank you,

Exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks again!

P.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Editing TM in WFA

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search