Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:55
Czech to German
+ ...
Feb 12, 2012

Word 2000
Wordfast 5.51t3

Hello,

I just wanted to start working again on a text I had already been doing these last days but WF did not show up. It was no longer in that templates' list in Word either and when I tried to get it back to my great astonishment the following warning was displayed:

"You may have formatted or changed your hard disk, or changed your OS. This has changed your 'Install' number. You will need to generate a new license number - this is free and immediate if you are registered. Log in at www.wordfast.net and follow instructions to get a new license number ('re-license Wordfast')."

I didn't do anything with my disk and don't have another OS... This WF has no license any more but is still working and the text concerned is very small so this could not have been caused by a TM being too large. After I had clicked away the message almost everything went fine, only my former setup had gone, the TM was OK, fortunatelyicon_smile.gif

The only thing I could think of is a check I did with Malwarebytes - is it possible that it changed the disk so much as to stop Wordfast working?

Just wondering...

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:55
Finnish to French
Just make sure your license is valid Feb 12, 2012

Charlotte Blank wrote:
The only thing I could think of is a check I did with Malwarebytes - is it possible that it changed the disk so much as to stop Wordfast working?

It's possible (who knows what Malwarebytes does during its check), but the easiest way not to have to worry about this is to make sure your license is valid. Wordfast licenses are valid three years at a time, as per the license agreement (http://wordfast.net/index.php?whichpage=agreement). If your license is valid, you will get a new license number (if needed) at any time, regardless of the reason why the install number changed.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast gone - Malwarebytes?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search