Thread poster: Attila Piróth

Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:02
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Feb 14, 2012

Dear Colleagues,

I am helping a colleague to get started with Wordfast Classic on Mac with Word 2011.
The dotm file is properly added to the templates and add-ins. A TM (and a glossary) can be created (and the setup window can be closed without error messages), however, neither can be used: when a segment in the text is opened, the following window pops up:

When Word is closed and then reopened, the TM has to be selected again - and the same window pops up again.

Any ideas how to overcome this problem?

Best,
Attila

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:02
Finnish to French
Upgrade to 6.01g (or 6.02x) Feb 14, 2012

I'm pretty sure this warning is no longer displayed in version 6.01g, so my advice would be for your colleague to upgrade to that version.

For a "feel" of the use of Wordfast 6.x with Word 2011, see:

http://youtu.be/s4Xh0hhfg9I

France
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
6.01g Feb 14, 2012

Thank you for your reply, Dominique. Version 6.01g is installed, so further suggestions are needed.
Best,
Attila

Finnish to French
If not 6.01g, then 6.02! Feb 14, 2012

Attila Piróth wrote:
Thank you for your reply, Dominique. Version 6.01g is installed, so further suggestions are needed.

Sorry, Attila! If 6.01g gives that message, then you'll have to switch to 6.02 (beta), which doesn't . My video was recorded with 6.02u, the current beta is 6.02x.

France
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Are you implying that this error will necessarily occur in v6.01? Feb 14, 2012

Sorry, Dominique,
I know users for whom version 6.01 on Mac works properly - IOW, the problem is not with version 6.01 but with something else. 6.02 beta came out yesterday, so I guess even you used an earlier version on your Mac before that, without the problem mentioned in my post. Any other ideas?
Attila

Finnish to French
Not an error message, just an (unnecessary) warning Feb 15, 2012

Attila Piróth wrote:
I know users for whom version 6.01 on Mac works properly - IOW, the problem is not with version 6.01 but with something else. 6.02 beta came out yesterday, so I guess even you used an earlier version on your Mac before that, without the problem mentioned in my post. Any other ideas?

The message you referred to was not an error message, just an annoying warning. This is why is was removed from subsequent versions: there is no need to close Word after having accessed the data editor and/or the setup screen.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Classic configuration problem on Mac with Word 2011

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search