Lorraine Bathurst
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:56
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 16, 2012

Hi

I usually use Studio 2010 - but just downloaded the demo version of this to try it out - but it won't run on my pc - I have Office 2010 and have removed all trial versions of this software but still no success.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:56
Finnish to French
Any error message? Feb 17, 2012

When you say "it won't run", what happens? Did you get an error message during installation? Do you get an error message when launching the application?
If a copy of Wordfast Pro was installed previously, the installation routine will remove it, but you also have the option to get rid of the existing data (projects, TM's, terminology): did you choose that?

Lorraine Bathurst
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
error when launching Feb 17, 2012

It is a new pc - so didn't have any previous versions of wordfast on it. I use Office 2010 and I read that trial versions of office software sometimes caused errors so I removed an expired trial version of office professional.

The installation was successful - everything seemed ok until I clicked the desktop link - everything slows down and then I get the error: an error has occured see the log file
wf_workspace\. metadata\.log.

Thanks

Gyula Erdész
Hungary
Local time: 21:56
Member (2005)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Java? Feb 17, 2012

Dear Lorraine,

Do you have the latest Java JRE installed on your machine?

Regards,

Gyula

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:56
Finnish to French
How to check Java Feb 17, 2012

Gyula Erdész wrote:
Do you have the latest Java JRE installed on your machine?

Most new PC's come with Java preinstalled, but AFAIK, Wordfast Pro will install it if it's not already there. What Lorraine could do is go to www.java.com and click on 'Do I have Java' and 'Verify Java version'. You should get something like:

Your Java version: Version 6 Update 30

The latest version is Update 31, but Wordfast Pro will run with older updates as well.

Lorraine Bathurst
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Installed an older version Feb 23, 2012

Hi,

Thanks for your responses - yes I did have the latest java - but still no joy.
I ended up uninstalling and installing an older version which works fine.

I am assuming its something to do with the lastest Wordfast and Office 2010.

Going to see how I get along with this version.
Thanks guys.

Lorraine

Marcelina Haftka  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 21:56
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
Wf Pro vs. MS Office 2010 Feb 23, 2012

Hello Lorraine,

I use Wordfast Pro and have recently installed MS Office 2010 trial version - no side effects.icon_wink.gif
Do not forget Wf Pro is a stand-alone app.

What I could advise to you, it's to create a new account on your computer and try to install Wordfast over there. Maybe you've got some settings that hinder Wf and the app will work in the "clear environment".

You could also try to clean a little bit your computer with e.g. CCleaner. Just in case.

Good luck!
Marcelina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro Version 2.2.4 won't run

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search